IGNORED

Needs and transfers in and out

Heitinga would go for what? £3-4m? As he is in the last year of his contract.

Fellaini wont go for anything less than his release clause which is rumourd £24m

Naismith... I dont even know what to value him at? £1-2m? I'm sorry, I like the guy but he just isn't a Premier League player.

As for Anichebe it would be sad to see him go after the one season where he's started to pick things up. He's no out and out poacher but he can bring a lot to the team. If, in the event that he did leave, I'd expect £4-5m for him.

That would give us £32-£35m to play with. Or would it? I suspect BK will want a but even though he's promised funds. It gives us a lot of voids to fill. If all these players did leave we would AT LEAST need:

A new 2nd goalkeeper, 1 or 2 new centre halfs (Distin is aging), 1 or 2 new wingers, a new central midfielder and 2 new stikers.

That's 8 players. It makes me hope that we can as many good players for free such as Alcaraz, just to add a bit more depth in the squad. We really, really need a cash injection into the club if we want to excel next season.

we have to grow to squad to start with - that is priority nr 1 -

players that are out of form should be dropped sooner and not carried like we did with Jelavic last season - and Osman towards the end

players like Alcaraz and DiSanto and Espinoza comes to mind for the short term -

we need a right winger - spare goalie - another striker who can dribble the ball into the box and create some of his own opportunities -

a more defensive left back so Baines can be used in a more attacking role - too many goals against us came from our left -

one more def mid if Fellaini stays to join him -

some of our neglected youngsters should blossom if given more opportunities - Barkley , Duffy , Oviedo , Velios , Stone etc

One winger I would like us to have a look at (and I'm sure we have) is Maxime Lestienne. We were already heavily linked with him when he was 17 years old and his club Mouscron were going bankrupt, but he opted for Club Brugge at the time. He's really kicked on in the meantime, he's 20 now and he's got 17 goals and 12 assists in the league this past season.

Left footed and as quick as lightning. May still need to add a bit of weight to his frame though, but we wouldn't need him to start day 1.

Edited by Steve_E

we have to grow to squad to start with - that is priority nr 1 -

players that are out of form should be dropped sooner and not carried like we did with Jelavic last season - and Osman towards the end

players like Alcaraz and DiSanto and Espinoza comes to mind for the short term -

we need a right winger - spare goalie - another striker who can dribble the ball into the box and create some of his own opportunities -

a more defensive left back so Baines can be used in a more attacking role - too many goals against us came from our left -

one more def mid if Fellaini stays to join him -

some of our neglected youngsters should blossom if given more opportunities - Barkley , Duffy , Oviedo , Velios , Stone etc

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. But look at the stats on Baines at left back, he was on par, if not better than Ashley Cole in his defensive duties. And Cole is still considered one of the best around. If you think Baines is suspect at the back, I suggest visiting your nearest opticians.

Leave DiSanto and Espinoza at Wigan too, I can't see there being a big rush on for their services.

I agree with everything else.

I would trade DiSanto or Espinoza for Naismith any day - but you are right there may be other better freebees than those I mentioned SteveO -

Baines defends fairly well when he is in position - but sometimes he is caught on the attack - especially if he takes a corner on our right hand side and the opposition breaks to our left -

against top sides I would prefer a left back instead of a left wingback

I would trade DiSanto or Espinoza for Naismith any day - but you are right there may be other better freebees than those I mentioned SteveO -

Baines defends fairly well when he is in position - but sometimes he is caught on the attack - especially if he takes a corner on our right hand side and the opposition breaks to our left -

Evertonians everywhere are celebrating the fact that we may finally try and attack the top sides and you want to go even more defensive than we've been under Moyes?

Both Di Santo and Espinoza are extremely limited so why on earth you would want them anywhere near our team is unfathomable. Why replace one average player with two more? Doesnt make sense at all.

All attacking full backs get caught on the break and Baines is no different. Infact he is probably one of the best at trying to recover his position, along with Cole ironically. When Baines takes corners there are normally at least two other players covering his position so it makes no difference.

From what I've noticed, when Baines is forward, Gibson drops in.

we have conceded the most goals from our left - reasons :

Osman - player who was dribbled past the most

Gibson - was the worst tackler

Baines won the least areal duals of all defenders 39%

Baines - had the lowest number of blocked shots of all defenders

Baines - had the lowest number of interceptions of all defenders

Everton conceded the second most headed goals - only Wigan did worse -

all these are official statistics - check it out yourself

I rest my case for strengthening our defence on the left

One winger I would like us to have a look at (and I'm sure we have) is Maxime Lestienne. We were already heavily linked with him when he was 17 years old and his club Mouscron were going bankrupt, but he opted for Club Brugge at the time. He's really kicked on in the meantime, he's 20 now and he's got 17 goals and 12 assists in the league this past season.

Left footed and as quick as lightning. May still need to add a bit of weight to his frame though, but we wouldn't need him to start day 1.

Err... Club Brugge fan speaking: I'd rather if he stayed where he's at :P He's the best thing that happened to Club Bruges in ages. Not only is he top quality, decisive, goalscoring, team player and superb on counterattacks, he's also satisfied with being at Club Bruges. That's something you can't say about Odjidja or Bacca. Let the latter ones leave. I don't want players that rather play somewhere else, let Lestienne grow mature at Club and when he's outgrown Club Bruges he can have the transfer he deserves. :)

I don't really know of players outside the british leagues but I expect Jonny,Felli to go and hopefully Naismith with our money it should be 40 mill at least. We need a keeper centre back two centre mids a winger and a striker. i'd go for Shmeichel in goal. Fer and McCarthy but he will probably cost too much. Id like us to go for Ince £4 mill and Redmond at Birmingham £2 mill. Id like Mcmananan but again he will cost.

we have conceded the most goals from our left - reasons :

Osman - player who was dribbled past the most

Gibson - was the worst tackler

Baines won the least areal duals of all defenders 39%

Baines - had the lowest number of blocked shots of all defenders

Baines - had the lowest number of interceptions of all defenders

Everton conceded the second most headed goals - only Wigan did worse -

all these are official statistics - check it out yourself

I rest my case for strengthening our defence on the left

I'll have to just disagree with the idea we could get a better left back.

We are getting this all wrong guys!

What we really need is someone who can take control of ALL our transfers who isn't the manager , someone who is media friendly and well loved,someone who has a track record of great signings.... preferably with a mullet.

Muhahaha

You know your club is fucked up when it gives a manager an 8 year contract and doesn't even trust him enough to make his own signings.

**News just in, John Fashanu and Vinnie Jones have been spotted outside St James' Park in anticipation of their medicals**

We are getting this all wrong guys!

What we really need is someone who can take control of ALL our transfers who isn't the manager , someone who is media friendly and well loved,someone who has a track record of great signings.... preferably with a mullet.

Muhahaha

You know your club is fucked up when it gives a manager an 8 year contract and doesn't even trust him enough to make his own signings.

**News just in, John Fashanu and Vinnie Jones have been spotted outside St James' Park in anticipation of their medicals**

He's already started having a go at the Newcastle fans.

Absolutely barmy decision by Ashley.