IGNORED

The burning question everybody wants to answer

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will we finish top 4 or even win the league ?

• Yes - Martinez rocks baby
    • We'll be lucky if we don't get relegated
    • As long as we finish above Liverpool who cares
    • No - Spaniards should stick to tourism and bull fighting
    • Let's just have a TT piss up and bollocks to football
    • Same old best of the rest

I really think if we make two of the right signings we can make the top four.

Our problem last season was that we had a mediocre mid deason. With the end we had we were just unlucky that no team in the top four had a slip.

If we killed teams of last season after outplaying them for 60 minutes we would have finished toip four. I think RM is the man who will go for the jugular.

I also voted top 4, but that is just my natural optimism. Realistically, if we get in one or two decent signings, and the core of the squad remains the same. I think we'll do similarly to this year. Maybe if things go our way, that would mean an Europa League spot, but overall, I think United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal will all strengthen; Liverpool and Spurs (if they manage to keep Bale), will also probable do similar, so I think we will struggle to get that CL place.

I can see two mini leagues forming: United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal fighting for top four positions, Us , Liverpool and Spurs fighting for the best of the rest positions.

Goddamn attention seeking shit.

(I'd do a smiley face to indicate no real malice intended, but don't do smiley faces)

Let's be serious about this, there's little chance Martinez can deliver champions league soccer, at least in his first season. He's just arrived from a relegated club FFS, although while at Everton there will be a better caliber of players to work with and more scope for success, so maybe, just maybe something can materialize, but it won't be in the immediate upcoming season. Said it before, have no ill-feeling towards Martinez, wasn't the choice some would have wanted, but we're all prepared to give the man a chance. As for winning the league, obviously a bit of (poor) humor involved.

Moyes brought us champions league once in his eleven years of tenure, so that said, don't really feel (right now) Martinez can improve on that, or even duplicate. I felt inclined to favor the option 'Let's just forget about soccer and have some intoxicants'

Seems good enough. Really trying to take a break from the game this close season.

Another new thread dammnit. The football season has only just finished and we are already discussing the next campaign, we might aswell discuss the 2015 season too while we're at it for fucks sake. I'll join in just to keep the peace but I'm not going to stay in this damn thread any longer than I need to - you've been warned. I think that we will do well under Mr.Martinez, there were better candidates out there like O'Neill but he seemed surplus to requirements.

Anyway. You have my answer and I'm not staying here and longer than I need to.

Good day.

/Dalziel

Edited by Zoo

Sadly, unless we invest in some top players or even a multitude of decent squad players we won't make top 4. The reason we had a poor mid season is because our players were playing every game, no real rotation and we became stale. A big part of our game under Moyes was out working the opposition in both ground covered, tracking back and closing down. You could see Pienaar or Osman for example couldn't fulfil those tasks mid to late season and we lost our edge. We all know how good out first 11 is but we need more bodies and a couple of game changers (ala Mirallas) and we'll do well.

6th or 7th I think, we just don't have the financial clout to break the top 5, someone has to have a bad season for that to happen. Also we may spend a few quid this summer but we'll have zippo to spend in the winter transfer window, and if a top 5 team is struggling they can just buy back to the top of the league

I reckon we'll finish fifth with Arsenal or tottenham dropping to 6th. Tottenham especially if they lose Bale.

Not fifth, that's a bit fanciful. I don't know if we'll even be able to duplicate last/ this seasons sixth place finish with the new manager. Sure he'll play with a bit more attacking intent than before, but takes a while for these names to settle in. I can envisage maybe a 7th or 8th place finish while things take a time to settle and then an improvement after that, and see where it takes us.

I'm thinking we will still finish top 10. I can't see us dropping out of there. However, I'm not convinced we will finish with a European spot, not this season anyhow. It will take time. But, if we can keep the back four together and add a few more goals, somewhere in the 5th to 7th range is doable. It would be quite the amazing sight to see us pop into the top 4. It's possible, but I don't think we really have the firepower, unless Bobby brings a glut of goals out of us without us giving up more than we have been. We will have to beat the teams we should have been beating all along and keep taking points from the top four like we have been under Moyes.

Why we all doom and gloom? Robbo isn't going to make wholesale changes cos he knows what he has got. Arsenal are shite but I wold be worried if Felli went to them. Spurs are totally average without Bale and he cant do it every game and Liverpool will be battling with Stoke for top ten. Why cant we get top four? im fucking right up for it after seeing the fixtures under moyes id be expecting 3 drawers