IGNORED

Guilherme Siqueira

I just cant see why we should need another LB unless Baines is leaving. We have plenty of cover for Baines if he is still at Everton.

Lets hope that this isnt true and that Baines is staying.

edit* BK has said that we dont need to sell anyone outside of any clauses, so Baines wont go this summer even if a top 4 club comes for him.

Edited by Peter H

I wouldn't begrudge baines or felli leaving for champion league. But if they stay and we get get and Moses I would be very pleased. I don't think we need a striker as I think the 4 four we have including mirrales are good enough. I don't think we could improve on the current strikers unless we spent 15 mil+

BBC Sport this morning: Everton are in talks with Granada to sign Brazilian left-back Guilherme Siqueira, 27.

Full story: Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343860/Everton-interested-signing-Guilherme-Sigueira.html

If it happens let's hope he's not another Kroldrup (Udinese).

It's on the BBC's gossip page. They're just summarizing all the rumours in the rags, in this case the Daily Mail.

We've got to be realistic and accept Baines will go to united I just hope we get more than 10 million for him he's worth 15 in my eyes,also we've got to back martinezes signings,they are all at a good level by the looks of it.

The only people who are convinced of this are lazy journos and Utd supporters who think they deserve every name they can muster up. This kind of talk is poison. I really can't see Baines leaving us. It would have to be for stupid, silly money.

A solid player, but I fail to see how he would help us with his age/price when we have the best FB in the Prem. As far as Baines going for 10-15M,. They can f*ck right off. For Baines its 25m or nothing. Baines alone is the biggest difference between us and the teams who finish 8-12 each year in the table.

Edited by Iamryanstover

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd replied to avs nani thread did I dream that AV.PS I won't put anything on before.I go to work in future.

I'm not a fan of merging discussions really. If you started a thread about Nani, you'd get a few days worth of discussion etc, but when you add it to an existing thread, you're lucky if you get 3 comments. I have no idea what his wages would be, but you can only demand wages if you are earning them, so can't see him being on Rooneyesque pay.

• 2 weeks later...

This rumour is back. It seems that Guilherme Sequeira may be lined up in case David Moyes is successful in stealing Leighton Baines.

tried to find some links....

http://www.sportballa.com/2013/07/roberto-martinez/utd-baines-goes-siqueira-granada-man-case-everton-left-back-line-g

http://www.i4u.com/2013/07/roberto-martinez/siqueira-granada-fullback-everton-deal-guilherme-close

source seems to the tribalfootball.com which means its nonsense....

That's just what people who don't watch Everton say. He's quite a capable defender, he's just even better at going forward.

oh I know, I was being flippant...

edit: by the way, your avatar is of Phil Neville, not Duncan McKenzie

:P

Edited by Matt

Somebody translate this please;

A la espera de que el Manchester United se haga con los servicios del lateral izquierdo del Everton, Leighton Baines, el club de Liverpool no pierde el tiempo. Según publicó la edición digital del ‘Daily Mail’, el Everton tiene cerrado un acuerdo por Siqueira por cuatro millones de libras.

El brasileño es el elegido por Roberto Martínez, para sustituir a Baines. El Swansea también ha mostrado interés por el lateral, sin embargo, el Everton es el principal candidato para hacerse con Siqueira.

Link to: http://www.marca.com/2013/07/17/futbol/equipos/granada/1374088630.html on BBC Sport this morning

Somebody translate this please;

A la espera de que el Manchester United se haga con los servicios del lateral izquierdo del Everton, Leighton Baines, el club de Liverpool no pierde el tiempo. Según publicó la edición digital del ‘Daily Mail’, el Everton tiene cerrado un acuerdo por Siqueira por cuatro millones de libras.

El brasileño es el elegido por Roberto Martínez, para sustituir a Baines. El Swansea también ha mostrado interés por el lateral, sin embargo, el Everton es el principal candidato para hacerse con Siqueira.

Link to: http://www.marca.com/2013/07/17/futbol/equipos/granada/1374088630.html on BBC Sport this morning

Pending that Manchester United will make the services of Everton left-back Leighton Baines, Liverpool club wastes no time. As reported in the online edition of Daily Mail, Everton have reached an agreement for Siqueira for four million pounds.

The Brazilian is chosen by Roberto Martinez, to replace Baines. The Swansea has also shown interest in the side, however, Everton is the leading candidate to take over Siqueira.

Just use Google translate.

The Mirror are saying we're in advanced negotations for Siqueira, based on "reports in Spain" and "Marca". Meanwhile, Marca source their article this way: "As reported in the online edition of Daily Mail". Load of nothing probably.

my thinking too, like the comment I made in the Heitinga thread. It just needs one rumour to be copied by another "news" source and it snowballs.

the only way this deal will work is if Baines pushes for a transfer, and I dont see that happening.