IGNORED

Lee Chung-Yong

No idea how he's been doing, but like Trev said he looked very promising when Bolton were still in the Prem and before his leg break.

I'd be quite made up if we could get the pair of Lee and Redmond for 5-6m though.

Edited by Steve_E

im so pissed off with the standard of players we keep looking at and the lack of ambition is appauling we have a chance now to spend on 2 starters and a few squad players and maybe get europe to keep the players we have next season, if we dont fellaini and baines would be fools to stay and we will slowly slip down the league. i honestly think if kenright doesnt borrow some money its a downhill slope from here hope im wrong.

We get linked wit multiple sub standard players every window and others we have absolutely no chance of getting this window is no different and it in no way indicates we will slip down the league...

Lee is a good player if he can get back the form he showed whilst in the prem he would be a good player to have on board as would Redmond for the figures banded about.

Both would be low cost players on low wages who could help improve the team/squad.

im so pissed off with the standard of players we keep looking at and the lack of ambition is appauling we have a chance now to spend on 2 starters and a few squad players and maybe get europe to keep the players we have next season, if we dont fellaini and baines would be fools to stay and we will slowly slip down the league. i honestly think if kenright doesnt borrow some money its a downhill slope from here hope im wrong.

We have no idea who we're looking at, it's complete speculation, guesswork and invention by the press/media.

By all means get pissed off if you don't like the players we actually bring in, but to be pissed off at the moment is pointless.

Yeah I think if we get a striker and two midfielders to start with and the sell to buy to replace we will be good. A few loans in there aswell and were cooking

another player that would be ok if he was free and cheap on wages. Otherwise, no.

I'd be quite happy with this one to be honest. I haven't watched him in the Championship after his leg break, but I liked him when Bolton were still in the Premier League, clever played, technically gifted. If we could get both Redmond and Lee we'd have depth at the wing sorted for not a lot of money and I could see Lee sneaking into the starting XI next year. Then sign a back up goalkeeper (preferably someone homegrown and free, any ideas?) and a central midfielder who could push into the starting XI. I'd like McCarthy but if you're to believe the price tag rumoured in the papers, he might be out of reach. I've pretty much given up on signing a top striker without selling anyone, yet still adressing needs where we need numbers, not just quality like we do up front.

I'd be quite happy with this one to be honest. I haven't watched him in the Championship after his leg break, but I liked him when Bolton were still in the Premier League, clever played, technically gifted.

Because there's no better way to illustrate your point than by a short Youtube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGrKg7mOM14

That's all against Premier League opposition before he broke his leg, but it's been 2 years since he injured himself and he's played in 44 games this season so I presume that's all in the past.

His impressive run of form didn't even last a season did it? nevermind his injury. Think people are getting hung up on a few good games

Not many wingers do, most float in and of games. Bringing Lee in would let us switch Mirallas to the left and get the best out of him.

His impressive run of form didn't even last a season did it? nevermind his injury. Think people are getting hung up on a few good games

Some are hung up on form, form is temporary. :P The major asset he would bring is raising awareness of the club in the Far East. Lee and Honda together at the same club would be incredible... They are South Korea and Japan's most prominent players.

Some are hung up on form, form is temporary. :P The major asset he would bring is raising awareness of the club in the Far East. Lee and Honda together at the same club would be incredible... They are South Korea and Japan's most prominent players.

irrelevent if we can't sell over there though, isn't it?

what's he going to cost? how long his current contract? I wouldn't be against him coming for the right price. He could do well for us, and he is already settled in the area, so he should hit the ground running and not really need a bedding in half season. could do well for us

• 3 months later...