IGNORED

Mohamad Diame

What was the name of their old arena before they moved. Springfield Park or something ? That sounds much better

I'd hate to support a club that plays in something named (like) the DW Stadium. It's like leaving Goodison Park, and moving into the BK arena for example.

Another former Wigan rumor player of all things, and bottom line is, Diame just doesn't generate any interest, so if we miss out, no losing sleep, but it'll probably come to nothing.

To be fair to Wigan having the DW stadium at least reflects some commercial revenue income. We could in all honesty rename Goodison "Out sourced park" and have sudexo, kitbag and Liverpool City Council proudly displayed on the roof.

Diame, not a bad player, very good in fact, however journos are being very lazy I think.

No thanks. Powerful yes but not the brightest spark.

I remember once he came of the bench for Wigan when they were in the middle of their resurgence two seasons ago either against Liverpool or one of the Utds. He came on did feck all, looked lazy but then in injury time he did well to run the ball into the opposition half by the corner flag, only to put a cross in with only one person in the box. I was screaming at the TV, God knows what Martinez was thinking.

I'm not sure about diame but regarding the Wigan connection does it matter where we sign our players from so long as they are good enough.in Roberto we trust.

Yes, because they were not good enough to keep Wigan up, so how can the same players take us on to the next level.

Yes, because they were not good enough to keep Wigan up, so how can the same players take us on to the next level.

A bit like distin and jags??? We signed them just after they failed to keep Portsmouth and Sheffield united up. They have been great signings.

It's a flawed argument. Based on the same logic we should have signed kleberson, Eric djembe djemba, pascal cygan and Steven Hughes (oh wait we did) - they won the premier league so must be great players. No they weren't.

Stop stressing about Martinez going for players who he's worked with, he's doing it for a reason, they were players he's identified as being good enough and who he trusts. He has the benefit of that knowledge and would be daft to ignore the opportunity to get a few bargains.

A bit like distin and jags??? We signed them just after they failed to keep Portsmouth and Sheffield united up. They have been great signings.

It's a flawed argument. Based on the same logic we should have signed kleberson, Eric djembe djemba, pascal cygan and Steven Hughes (oh wait we did) - they won the premier league so must be great players. No they weren't.

Stop stressing about Martinez going for players who he's worked with, he's doing it for a reason, they were players he's identified as being good enough and who he trusts. He has the benefit of that knowledge and would be daft to ignore the opportunity to get a few bargains.

In all honesty Haf, im past caring, i don't see what direction the club is trying to go in, we have taken on a new manager who needs support. yet a large portion of the fans are still bumming the last one claiming how great he was and how things will never be the same again. Remind me about that haul of trophies Moyes won again? I've changed my opinion of Martinez after a bit more research, Im happy with Robles, even Alcaraz, i do think Kone is a poor signing but time will tell, but it doesn't change the fact im very worried about our fate next season,

In all honesty Haf, im past caring, i don't see what direction the club is trying to go in, we have taken on a new manager who needs support. yet a large portion of the fans are still bumming the last one claiming how great he was and how things will never be the same again. Remind me about that haul of trophies Moyes won again? I've changed my opinion of Martinez after a bit more research, Im happy with Robles, even Alcaraz, i do think Kone is a poor signing but time will tell, but it doesn't change the fact im very worried about our fate next season,

I think Goodson park will be a far more entertaining place to be. I'm liking what Martinez is doing. The league is full of overpaid, under performing fashionable players. I think you will see a far more expressive style of football next year. Keep the faith.

I think Goodson park will be a far more entertaining place to be. I'm liking what Martinez is doing. The league is full of overpaid, under performing fashionable players. I think you will see a far more expressive style of football next year. Keep the faith.

I hope so mate, i really want this to be the start of something good. Like i said to you the other day, with BK and his band of merry men in the background and some, lets say 'questionable' signings. i am a little concerned. One thing i do think though is that Martinez will do better here next year than Moyes will at United, i think some of those United fans are in for a huge shock.

I'm not sure about diame but regarding the Wigan connection does it matter where we sign our players from so long as they are good enough.in Roberto we trust.

It does when they came from a relegated club.

It's a flawed argument.

It's not a flawed argument at all. If we'd signed one player from Wigan like we did with Portsmouth and Sheffield United then it's a good comparison. But we've signed three (so far). It's a fairly large chunk of a relegated side.

As it happens, I'm only disappointed with the Kone signing but to dismiss the concern is wrong.

I read this earlier and it gives me more comfort.

In effect we are replacing Mucha and potentially Heitinga whilst making a profit (if Heitinga gets us a few mill) and saving wages.

With regards Kone, every other clubs fan I speak to say he's a great buy - very under rated and extremely effective.

how's he under rated if everyone thinks he's great?

Every other clubs fan I speak to isn't everyone = none Evertonians who know a bit about football whose opinion I respect (namely a Manc, Stoke fan, Villa fan, Port Vale, Tranmere, Man city and spurs) the stoke fan comented that this game http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/261590/report had Kone as one of the best strikers his team had faced all season. The spurs fan went to this game http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-match-facts-wigan-athletic-v-tottenham-025823529.html

Personally I judged him on the games against us where he tore our defence a new one.

http://myevertonnews.com/west-ham-midfielder-momo-diame-poised-to-join-everton/

Hmmmmmm Looking to replace Feli if true, surely!?!?!?

If so, I'd prefer: http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/07/12/everton-weigh-up-deal-to-sign-psg-midfielder-clement-chantome-as-fellaini-replacement/

looks an excellent prospect, young and had CL footie etc

Edited by drs08

Thanks Patto, I think I kind of figured that much out for myself ha ha. He didn't renew his contract, hence letting him leave, which better sums up what I inferred.

Its wigans model Av. They don't renew contracts of players who can demand more than Wigan can pay. It sounds nuts but is exactly why they don't struggle financially in the way Portsmouth did when relegated. A player of good quality isn't going to renew their contract for £20k a week when someone will pay £40k.