IGNORED

Mohamad Diame

• 9 months later...
Guest blueboy122

Agree with Romey. I wanted him a few seasons back to be honest. He's a ball winner and a lot more dynamic and mobile than Barry. Although I think that he may be on high wages.

Is he about the same age as Barry?

Agree with Romey. I wanted him a few seasons back to be honest. He's a ball winner and a lot more dynamic and mobile than Barry. Although I think that he may be on high wages.

Is he about the same age as Barry?

He's 26. Ran his contract down at Wigan so he could leave for free, at a time when he was pretty highly rated. Obviously Martinez doesn't hold a grudge though if this rumour is true

Guest blueboy122

Great I always thought he was in his 30's or certainly close.

Would be a good signing.

Rodwell Colback Diarra? I would say we would need 2 of them and I would go with Diarra and Colback

He seems very lazy to me and generally a very frustrating player... for all his brilliance he doesn't have the final pass/finish.

Brilliant in flashes - wouldn't put him as a 1st choice and certainly not ahead of Barry.

My opinion of him has gone down a lot this season having watched him a bit closer with us being linked.

Attitude's questionable though, BigSam has publically spoken out about him.

Sort that out, hes alright.

Big Sam's a wanker though. Martinez had him at Wigan, so if there's any truth in the rumour he'll know all about his character so I wouldn't be too worried :)

Big Sam's a wanker though. Martinez had him at Wigan, so if there's any truth in the rumour he'll know all about his character so I wouldn't be too worried :)

exactly

exactly

Although I have to admit, if this 3.5 mil release clause is true, and Martinez DOESN'T bid for him, then that might also effectively answer the questions about his attitude? Because I remember Roberto rated him very, very highly at Wigan, and 3.5m is nothing for a player of his quality

Forget everything I've been saying. I keep forgetting about the African cup of nations, not what we need at all when competing in 3 domestic and 1 European competition. Get Jack Cork for the same money

No chance of that mate.

Dont rate Diame personally. So wouldnt be overfully fussed if we didnt get him. £3.5m he could be a good squad player.

Although I have to admit, if this 3.5 mil release clause is true, and Martinez DOESN'T bid for him, then that might also effectively answer the questions about his attitude? Because I remember Roberto rated him very, very highly at Wigan, and 3.5m is nothing for a player of his quality

Fat Sam is still a wanker though

No chance of that mate.

Dont rate Diame personally. So wouldnt be overfully fussed if we didnt get him. £3.5m he could be a good squad player.

I didn't think so either (about Cork I mean), but it's £3m that's been quoted somewhere on here in a link. I think he has 12 months left on his contract, and they've paid a shit load for Wanyama last year so maybe that's why he hasn't signed a new one as yet? Feels like he'll become second fiddle?

Every time I've seen Diame i've been impressed. For less than £4m is a bargain - he is easily a £10m player. Will strengthen our squad no end and add some steel. McCarthy isn't going to be able to do 45 games at the intensity we are used to seeing - more to the point he shouldn't be doing that many.

Every time I've seen Diame i've been impressed. For less than £4m is a bargain - he is easily a £10m player. Will strengthen our squad no end and add some steel. McCarthy isn't going to be able to do 45 games at the intensity we are used to seeing - more to the point he shouldn't be doing that many.

Haf and I agree for once. That surely should mean DIame is a good buy at the right price?