IGNORED

Fantasy Car

Mogsy

Was always a fan of the Bronco, too -- sad when I found out they discontinued them.

If I got a sports car it would probably be something like an Audi R8. I've always liked the Corvette Stingray also.

father in law got his bronco just after the OJ thing, so got a top of the line thing dirt cheap because no one wanted on anymore! Horrifically inefficient but unless you come across a fire truck, nothing is going to knock you off the road!

Also, love the stingray. Thing of beauty. 67 was an excellent year for cars!

I'm still smitten with this.

saw a 69 (I think) fastback yesterday, with baby seats in the back :o damn thing doesn't even have headrests, let alone any form of safety standards, but someone is using it as a family car :lol: Edited by Matt

"We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes."

"We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes."

sorry dude! The way the BBC is run is bizarre!

• 3 weeks later...

If I won the lottery as with most people I'd have a few ranging from old to new all for various different purposes.

I like a fair few older cars and I don't think you can beat how some of the old sport cars feel when thrashed around with the rougher delivery of power and all round feel.

Just a couple of older cars that for I always wanted through various ages but was far to young to ever have:

RS2000 MK1

Lancia Integrale Evo

Fiat Uno Turbo & Peugeot 205 GTI

Newer

Bugatti Veyron Hypersport (2014)

Audi R8

Lamborghini Aventador

Ariel Atom

The new design Ferrari Enzo and a F430

To many to think of and I wouldn't own all if I won the big one just a few I'd love to have and for some strange reason I can't add pictures due to this tablet being a tw@t!

post-4059-0-29875400-1385067236_thumb.jpeg

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Not exactly "fantasy" level but I'm thinking about changing my car; always fancied a convertible and I'm pleasantly surprised that you can get some fairly decent examples for £2/3,000.

I'd like an Audi TT Quattro eg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201407125771597/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/3000/model/tt/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/page/1/make/audi/postcode/ex152td/radius/1501/body-type/convertible/maximum-mileage/up_to_80000_miles/price-from/1500?logcode=p

But as we'd have trouble strapping in the grandkids considering a Peugeot 307cc eg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406034712167/sort/default/usedcars/transmission/manual/price-from/1500/postcode/ex152td/radius/1501/maximum-mileage/up_to_90000_miles/page/3/make/peugeot/model/307/body-type/convertible/price-to/3000/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

Mid life crisis you reckon :P?

I've always said when I hit 50 (or before if I can justify it) I'm going to get a little 2 seater convertible for me and the wife and leave it garaged up and get it out on sunny sundays and whizz round the welsh hills in it. A little MG or a BMW but an older one (not a classic car just an old style and shape)

Keep the sensible car and do that ;)

Also, never buy from a garage like that you'll be paying far too much and could get something much better and straighter private if you know what to look for.

Always do; last four cars I've bought I've got privately off ebay and they've all turned out to be really good buys. Also bought one for my mum. Got stung by a second hand dealer about sixteen/seventeen years ago; was the most expensive car I've ever bought because I got left some money and it was a pile of shit so I'll not make that mistake again.

Just posted those two up as examples, definitely get them for at least 25% less off ebay no problem.

Yep , that's the ticket. Anyone who buys off a dealer wants their head testing. I used to buy and sell a lot of cars for a business I used to have so learnt hard and fast the best way to sell and buy them off my then business partner. He could sniff out a good/bad car from just looking at pictures of it in auto trader/ebay. I learnt an awful lot from him but was never in the same league no matter how hard I tried.

Ah an ald Cozzy. Those and Astra gte16valves were the dogs bollocks when I was a lad. I had an xr3i and later an xr2 but my pride and joy was a p reg (i think it was p anyway) 3.0 litre capri. Only thing wrong with that car was it was like a red/maroon colour :(

Paddock, back in the 1990's I remember ordering a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth for a guy who then had a Jensen turbocharger fitted at a cost of £5k. I advised him against it but he went ahead and did it. Six months later, he was pestering me to sell it for him as it was getting pinched by joy riders every other week.

Paddock, back in the 1990's I remember ordering a Sierra Sapphire Cosworth for a guy who then had a Jensen turbocharger fitted at a cost of £5k. I advised him against it but he went ahead and did it. Six months later, he was pestering me to sell it for him as it was getting pinched by joy riders every other week.

Ha ha, in those days you could whip a top of the range car with a screwdriver!! I remember there was always valves and sierra cozzys racing round the estate and then usually dumped in the canal or just dumped on the field at the back of the estate. It was a daily occurnce. You couldn't have a fast car without some little toerag coming along with a flat head screwdriver, popping the door and barrelling it and parking in the canal when they were bored or the police were alerted!! Little bastards :lol:

Mike if you get that 307cc you might be needing my help with that on a regular basis! Without getting myself in trouble with my employer I won't say more than that.

I fell in love with the Cameros in the states last year. Me and the missus are driving from Vegas to LA in November, so I've arranged a Camero convertible for the trip. On my phone so can't get a photo on here.

I doubt the good people at Alamo will have one in slime green with black alloys like I dream of.

Mike if you get that 307cc you might be needing my help with that on a regular basis! Without getting myself in trouble with my employer I won't say more than that.

Was actually going to have a word with you before I seriously started looking mate; thanks for the warning.