IGNORED

Fantasy Car

Mogsy

Never been much of a car guy, so I'd opt for something sporty yet practical like this (though not in white). Nothing to flashy for me, as I'd only feel self-conscious driving around something like a Ferrari.

197977_zpseb1be408.jpg

However, I do ride a pretty flashy bike around my university. It always turns heads.

P1030239_zps86d14f71.jpg

Rubes, that made me lift the table....

:rofl::rofl:

For your info it is an Australian Ford Falcon (So steering wheel is not on the wrong side of the car as in American or European things) I think it is a 1971 GT if memory serves. I think Eric Bana has one and he made a film out of owning it. AND I still want one lol :wub:

However, I do ride a pretty flashy bike around my university. It always turns heads.

P1030239_zps86d14f71.jpg

I dont see any brakes on it, so unless you wear your boots down to the Insoles, i dont think you do ride it.

Nice looking show bike tho.

Edited by Bill

I dont see any brakes on it, so unless you wear your boots down to the Insoles, i dont think you do ride it.

Nice looking show bike tho.

It's got what they call a "coaster brake" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_brake#Coaster_brakes

While you are coasting along, the pedals are not moving, but if you begin to back-pedal just a bit, the bike will brake. Very common for kids bikes as it's one of the easiest braking mechanisms.

It's not fixed gear as those are skull-fracture machines in my mind.

Looking in to it it seems that electrical issues are the big problem, is that right?

Not necessarily. But go for a diesel.

The electrics in French cars, well Peugeot and Citroen anyway, have been made in China and Japan for quite a while now, so not as much to worry about asreputation would tell you. They were taken over by a top guy from Audi who made this move, but they didn't publicise it as the French population weren't so happy, a lot of people, who were doing a shoddy job in the first place, where then put out of work. Approx 3,000 of them.

If you find one Mike, PM or email me the reg and I'll check it out on our database, see what I can find in the history.

The other major French manufacturer, Renault, was bought out by Nissan, so you would expect they went over to Japanese manufacturers. Stupidly, Renault and Nissan are now using French components. Absolutely stupid. Don't buy a modern Nissan!

It's got what they call a "coaster brake" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_brake#Coaster_brakes

While you are coasting along, the pedals are not moving, but if you begin to back-pedal just a bit, the bike will brake. Very common for kids bikes as it's one of the easiest braking mechanisms.

It's not fixed gear as those are skull-fracture machines in my mind.

See lots of kids now days just take the brakes off their bikes. Loads of them on BMX's do it. See them stopping with their feet, looks like they might snap an ankle.

Not necessarily. But go for a diesel.

The electrics in French cars, well Peugeot and Citroen anyway, have been made in China and Japan for quite a while now, so not as much to worry about asreputation would tell you. They were taken over by a top guy from Audi who made this move, but they didn't publicise it as the French population weren't so happy, a lot of people, who were doing a shoddy job in the first place, where then put out of work. Approx 3,000 of them.

If you find one Mike, PM or email me the reg and I'll check it out on our database, see what I can find in the history.

The other major French manufacturer, Renault, was bought out by Nissan, so you would expect they went over to Japanese manufacturers. Stupidly, Renault and Nissan are now using French components. Absolutely stupid. Don't buy a modern Nissan!

Thanks Ste.

I had a peugeot 207 1.6gt petrol turbo, absolutely hated it. Problems with the timing, very expensive, suspension, oil leaks, had a Clio, gearbox problems, sunroof leaked, both had shocking cable clutches! Would advise you steer(get it) well clear of anything French! Brilliant diesel engines, crap everything else!!

Ironically Mogsy, that's a BMW engine you had in your 207. It's the same engine they used in the Mini Cooper S (only that had a super charger instead of a turbo).

Head gaskets were terrible in them, as were all of the oil seals. They were barely strong enough for naturally aspirated engines, but put a turbo on that and they were doomed from the start.

Never seen many suspension problems with them though. Not the best build quality on them, but they handle/corner really well. Yours will have had stiffer suspension than most 207 so should have been good fun. Apart from the problems that is.

As for the Clio, yep, shite.

The Peugeot/Citroen Diesel engines are now used by Volvo, Ford, Jaguar, BMW, Mini, and quite a few more.

Edited by StevO

Yeah BMW do something to the bolts on the timing chain that Peugeot don't, so they stretch and screw up the timing. Yeah it was fun on A roads and quick but never again. We've got a Mondeo 2ltr diesel that has a Peugeot/Citroen engine it that's great, had it three Years without a single problem, best of both worlds I guess.

Edited by mogsy

Yeah BMW do something to the bolts on the timing chain that Peugeot don't, so they stretch and screw up the timing. Yeah it was fun on A roads and quick but never again. We've got a Mondeo 2ltr diesel that has a Peugeot/Citroen engine it that's great, had it three Years without a single problem, best of both worlds I guess.

Peugeot don't use timing chains on their own engines, stopped early 90's.

They updated the 2.0 with a 1.6 version of the diesel, same power, better fuel economy. That's the one that's gone huge with other manufacturers.

Clio is one of the most fun cars I've driven and after 3 of them can say I never had a moments trouble. Interior was a little suspect but for a fantastically fun runaround, there's no competition!

Maybe you got lucky three times Matt. Only kidding mate. But the Clio can't touch even a Fiesta or a Corsa for me, from the big brands the build quality of the rest in the same class has just always been superior. It's all personal tastes though isn't it, we all like different things.

Most won't believe that I prefer my new car http://www.carupdater.com/cars/carlibrary/precision/large/1737519_1.jpg

A lot more than my last one http://lifeonshow.vo.loscdn.net/1120/carshopltd/imageSequences/PEUGEOT__RCZ__HDI_GT__COUPE__DIESEL__GREY__2013__KV13FGJ-c-08.jpg

Edit. They aren't my actual cars obviously, just same colour & spec. Don't tend to take photos of my cars. Just before some smart arse notices they are from random sites (google search).

Edited by StevO

Clio is one of the most fun cars I've driven and after 3 of them can say I never had a moments trouble. Interior was a little suspect but for a fantastically fun runaround, there's no competition!

No? you want small fun? how about ........

TAAAAAAAAAAADAAAAAAAA

_Peel_With_PAV_trailer_01.jpg

• 1 month later...