IGNORED

Is Fellaini good enough for Manchester United?

he can't play martinez' style...neither can gibson, hibbert, distin, heitinga. jags and kone are marginal......he's trying to make these players into something are not...they are not continental players with fast feet and quick vision. the 3 teams we just played have players who can do this. we have mirallas, pienaar, osman (but he's slow) and baines. it's going to be a rough season.

I disagree with you. In the International Champions Cup Distin played well in the back. He made a few decent dribbles up past the half line in order to widen the pitch by spreading the ball to either side. Jags is just as capable of doing this "martinez style". Gibson and Hibbert are S.O.L.

Was just answering your question :huh:. Wasn't commenting on the thread in general.

I'm not sure I needed help interpreting his posts Mike.

They will get Fellaini on the cheap if they trigger the clause, which is annoying enough, but to then hum and har about it on an Everton board is not exactly coming in peace. It's called taking advantage, and then rubbing it in. Maybe they would like to try on our best shoes, knowing full well we are selling them way below value, because we are skint, and then ask us if they'll get past the door man at the Manc dinner dance.

It was a pfff at his choice of term soft lad. Not a question.

So then all you needed to do was point out that it was rhetorical...instead of a diatribe...

"Is Fellaini good enough for United" from a United fan ? I find that a bit irritating to say the least from a team who took our manager only for their fans to huff and puff, and then try and come in for 2 of our best players, but then wonder if they are good enough for them? Narcissistic pricks. Fellaini is a monster compared to any midfielder they have. It just shows me that half their fans only switch on when it's time to watch the match on cup final day. Fancy having to ask about one of the highest profile characters in the league on another fans board.

....and then everbody's happy soft lad :).

"Is Fellaini good enough for United" from a United fan ? I find that a bit irritating to say the least from a team who took our manager only for their fans to huff and puff, and then try and come in for 2 of our best players, but then wonder if they are good enough for them? Narcissistic pricks. Fellaini is a monster compared to any midfielder they have. It just shows me that half their fans only switch on when it's time to watch the match on cup final day. Fancy having to ask about one of the highest profile characters in the league on another fans board.

:celebrate: I rarely agree with Germans, but by God, Avin, I couldn't have said it any better.

What is really posses me off is rewind 6 months ago and every tom dick an harry were telling us he's gone once a bid comes in cause we can't hold on to someone as prolific as that, he's constantly putting himself in the window..... Six months later, he's a bit of a overrated yard dog who can only disrupt everyone's playing style..... Hypocritical fucking sheep who can never keep to there own opinion.

What is really posses me off is rewind 6 months ago and every tom dick an harry were telling us he's gone once a bid comes in cause we can't hold on to someone as prolific as that, he's constantly putting himself in the window..... Six months later, he's a bit of a overrated yard dog who can only disrupt everyone's playing style..... Hypocritical fucking sheep who can never keep to there own opinion.

Manchester United can basically afford about anyone in the world though. And I can think of 3 Belgian midfielders alone who are better than him. Now I'm no international football scout, but there's bound to be a couple in the rest of the world as well, I'd wager.

As per a couple of other replies - Moyes is your manager now so forget how you used to play, which formation(s) you use(d) and how Fellaini would fit into them.

You will play how Moyes wants you to play and if you sign Fellaini he'll play him wherever and whenever he wants to - Fellaini knows this, which is why he's in no rush to sign for you. If no other CL qualified club (Chelsea or Arsenal) come in for him Man Utd will be his last choice because although he wants to play CL he knows what's going to be required of him by Moyes so Utd are his last choice now but may have been first, or up there, if Moyes wasn't there.

Give it until January with Everton and hope someone else comes in for him or sign for his (now) bottom choice just to play CL? That's his choice.

Carrick and Fellaini playing behind Kagawa could be an excellent central midfield.

I don't understand the stick Carrick gets, very steady in the deeper mid role - excellent in possession.

I've always admired Carrick. He gets the job done in a "no thrills" fashion.

I share the view on Carrick, but I guarantee that if he played for us everyone in the world wouldn't bat an eyelid.... It's becoming based on who you play for before being judged.if fellaini was playing for barca with fabregas than the shite in Manchester wouldn't havr a problem all if a sudden with DM going for him.

Im not a fan of Carrick...you may have noticed.

My reasons are he reminds me so much of Dave Batty! he looks good on the ball but when he does lose the ball or gets caught in posession it always seems to be in his own half of the field.

I have even turned Man U friends of him by telling them to count how many times he gives it away in his own half while playing for England. try it you may be suprised.

I am not saying he is not effective but i do believe that he is Fergies bane, the mistake he will just never admit too.

Again just my opinion :)

In answer to the title though. Yes of course Felli is good enough for that pile of shit!

I do believe that he is Fergies bane, the mistake he will just never admit too.

I thought that was Veron (or Anderson.......).... but I know what you mean about Carrick (he also looks for the picture with almost every sideways pass)

Fellaini and Carrick partnership could be one of the best central midfield partnerships in the league. No question.

What each player lacks, the other makes up for. He'd be perfect for United.

I've just had a chat with a United fan who didn't want him, on the basis that he was an attacking midfielder, I had to explain that he's not and that it was in an attempt to change games because our strikers weren't scoring. As a defensive mid, I explained his qualities and he completely changed his mind.

They're worried they're getting an ATT Mid, not a CM/CDM.

Fellaini interest might intensify now that Fabregas has given us the cold shoulder.

A lot of United fans unhappy with Moyes and his public open courting of Cesc, a player 95% of United fans knew was never going to leave Barca for us. Also the fact he's spent the best part of a month pursuing something so unrealistic.

So he's good enough for us, but not for you eh mate? Step up to what? A team that have refs in their pocket? I think your question is a piss take pal.

Or are you just annoyed I didn't get in touch with the RedCafe admin about why your account was banned?