IGNORED

Is Fellaini good enough for Manchester United?

United fan here in peace.

With rumors of a possible £23 million bid for Fellaini gathering pace, a lot of United fans are split over whether he's good enough and whether his style of play will suit us.

Is he good enough to make the step up and make a real difference in Europe? He'd probably play alongside Carrick in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Edited by pukalala

Thanks for the replies. A lot of our fans seem to have the feeling he's all chest and elbows and forget about the other good things he does

There's no doubt about his ability. The fella has it in abundance. He just has a problem with consistency. And obviously it'll depend on where Moyes utilises him if he does buy him - if he's played upfront you won't see anything approaching what he's capable of. But if he's played as a DM then he'll be the midfielder you've been needing to bring in for years.

I wouldn't want him if I were a Manchester fan. Manchester United really can't get any better?

I do recall Moyes once saying he was the best midfielder in the league (a quick Google search has gotten me this: http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/01/07/1731010/everton-boss-david-moyes-marouane-fellaini-is-best-midfielder-in-) so I do expect you to pay up for him. We shouldn't sell for a penny less than the clause.

he's not good enough for everton based on his pre-season meanderings around the pitch. the team was awful last night.....not because of the heat...they awful from the first minute......

Welcome to the forum, great to get some more members with such a positive aura ;)

he can't play martinez' style...neither can gibson, hibbert, distin, heitinga. jags and kone are marginal......he's trying to make these players into something are not...they are not continental players with fast feet and quick vision. the 3 teams we just played have players who can do this. we have mirallas, pienaar, osman (but he's slow) and baines. it's going to be a rough season.

Yes, but you're not having him :happy: .

Agree with this and most of the rest. The guy, kid still really, is a gnats pube off world class. If played in his preferred CDM position, with the quality around him, would continue to flourish to a 40m player, I've no doubts.

Doesn't matter though, he isn't going anywhere (til January at least :unsure:)

United fan here in peace.

With rumors of a possible £23 million bid for Fellaini gathering pace, a lot of United fans are split over whether he's good enough and whether his style of play will suit us.

Is he good enough to make the step up and make a real difference in Europe? He'd probably play alongside Carrick in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

So he's good enough for us, but not for you eh mate? Step up to what? A team that have refs in their pocket? I think your question is a piss take pal.

So he's good enough for us, but not for you eh mate? Step up to what? A team that have refs in their pocket? I think your question is a piss take pal.

Best answer to that is for us to finish above the Reds in the table - especially if we still have Fellaini. Let's see how the question is phrased this time next year. :)

Champions league is what he meant I think.

"Is Fellaini good enough for United" from a United fan ? I find that a bit irritating to say the least from a team who took our manager only for their fans to huff and puff, and then try and come in for 2 of our best players, but then wonder if they are good enough for them? Narcissistic pricks. Fellaini is a monster compared to any midfielder they have. It just shows me that half their fans only switch on when it's time to watch the match on cup final day. Fancy having to ask about one of the highest profile characters in the league on another fans board.

"Is Fellaini good enough for United" from a United fan ? I find that a bit irritating to say the least from a team who took our manager only for their fans to huff and puff, and then try and come in for 2 of our best players, but then wonder if they are good enough for them? Narcissistic pricks. Fellaini is a monster compared to any midfielder they have. It just shows me that half their fans only switch on when it's time to watch the match on cup final day. Fancy having to ask about one of the highest profile characters in the league on another fans board.

Was just answering your question :huh:. Wasn't commenting on the thread in general.