IGNORED

Francisco Junior joins Vitesse Arnhem on loan

Louis

So we're lacking in depth in CM and loan out a promising CM :blink:

Probably because he's not that promising. Based on what I saw in pre-season and the comments made during that time by the senior squad staff, I'd say Conor Grant has already eclipsed him in their eyes. And there's Lundstram as well.

Memory may be playing tricks but did he not play a lot pre season last year and look quite impressive? Got a feeling people were calling for him to be given a run. Could be completely wrong....my brain is wearing out rapidly.

I believe you're correct. Had a good pre-season, people wanted to see him play, then he started against Leeds in the League Cup and was dreadful. To be fair, I want to say he was coming off of an injury in that match.

Memory may be playing tricks but did he not play a lot pre season last year and look quite impressive? Got a feeling people were calling for him to be given a run. Could be completely wrong....my brain is wearing out rapidly.

old age or transfer window effects?

Surprising one this, we have never loaned players abroad before.

Other English clubs do it more often, I can remember Chris Eagles (for manure) doing well at NEC Nijmegen.

As said before, Chelsea have loaned several players out to Vitesse Arnhem. Pliazon has looked the real Mccoy there.

I hope FJ can make progress. I'll be watching, that's if he can get a game..

Don't forget there are 6 Chelsea players there..

Nyarko was loaned to PSG ;)

I think someone said a Georgian with close ties to Roman Abramovich bought Vitesse. Vitesse have financial problems and are or were close to going out of business so they've resorted to loaning players because it's cheaper for them.

Nyarko was loaned to PSG ;)

I think someone said a Georgian with close ties to Roman Abramovich bought Vitesse. Vitesse have financial problems and are or were close to going out of business so they've resorted to loaning players because it's cheaper for them.

Who wants to be reminded of Nyarko? Lol.

Vitesse having financial problems is a new one for me, and seriously doubt it.

The Georgian owner is a mate of Abramovic, as said before, and is loaded, tho not as much as his Russian chum.

Chelski have too many players for their own good, if you can loan them out to a mate of your's, it seems like a shoe in.

I've seem Pliazon play for Vitesse (another chelsea loanee) he looks like quite a talent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

C'mon Steve_E.. remember to link ! ;)

http://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/vitesse/francisco-junior-op-stage-1.4195768

Everton mercenary Francisco Junior has no prospect of playing at Vitesse. The midfielder is now training in Norway. A departure from Arnhem seems imminent.

Francisco Santos Junior came in early September in Vitesse Arnhem behalf and played two matches in the league. In early January, he was put back to the pledge team, technical director Mohammed Allach reported at the time that the former youth international from Portugal steps had to make. Now he tries his chances at a club in Norway.

• 4 weeks later...

Francisco Junior switched loan clubs last week and will remain with Norwegian champions Stomsgodset until 15 July.

After finding game time hard to come by at Vitesse Arnhem, he now takes on a new challenge as Ronny Deila's side undergo pre-season.

Stromsgodset had two friendlies at the weekend - against Russian sides currently halfway through their own campaign.

Junior did not feature in the 3-0 defeat to CSKA Moscow but did play the full 90 minutes in a truly bizarre hammering at the hands of Lokomotiv Moscow.

The Norwegians had tried to postpone the game in advance, but the Russians refused and ran out 15-0 victors.

With injuries adding to a shortage of players, the team coach and assistant manager both took to the field as well as Spanish locals who had been approached near the training camp.

Former Tottenham striker Roman Pavluychenko grabbed a hat-trick before the referee opted to call time on the game after 83 minutes.

Stromsgodset have three more friendlies scheduled before the start of the campaign on 30 March.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/loan-round-up-24-february

• 4 months later...

Don't think this lad will make it tbh.

Doesn't look like the manager does either if he doesn't want to have a look at him pre season, although as the season's still ongoing in Norway maybe he's being watched there. Strange to add just a month to the loan though, interesting to see what happens when that's up.

Still got another two years on his contract.