IGNORED

Which is our biggest game this season?

Far too premature to answer and the real response will be later this season. For example -

If the team gets to the FA Cup Final - that will be the biggest game

If the team gets to the FA Cup semi-finals (but suffers a defeat) - that will be the biggest game

If the team gets to the FA Cup Sixth Round (but suffers a defeat) - that will be the biggest game

If the team has a last day scenario where they need a result to avoid a relegation - that will be the biggest game

If the team has a last day scenario where they need a result to obtain a european berth - that will be the biggest game

Can't make judgments solely on the basis of getting a win at Manchester United in order to irritate Moyes or a win over Liverpool for city honors. There has to be some tangible reward at the end of it or something of great significance or a trophy to win rather than random fixtures.

Can't make judgments solely on the basis of getting a win at Manchester United in order to irritate Moyes or a win over Liverpool for city honors. There has to be some tangible reward at the end of it or something of great significance or a trophy to win rather than random fixtures.

Beating ManU isn't about irritating Moyes; it's about taking their Champions League spot. They are the weakest link from last year's top four.

in terms of reputational importance, Liverpool and mancs home and away will prove that the supposed glass ceiling we had on our heads was a tactical mindset. even if we lose or draw, just to go and play attacking fearless football against them will give us something.

as it happens I think we will get 8 points out of those 4 games.

Let me rephrase my answer. The most important games to me -- in an emotional sense -- are Liverpool and ManU away. We haven't beaten them away (along with Arsenal) in a long time, so it would nice to grab a victory against our rival club and our former manager's club.

But, yes, I agree with the sentiment that all games are important.

Edited by TonkaRoost

all of them. win against a top team then lose against bottom then what's the point?

that was my point, Haf:

the next one.

Theres no point singling out games as the most important. Some victories more satisfying than others but the team should only ever concentrate on winning the next game, in my opinion.

Looking at this again, you could include the away trips to Manchester United, arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea, as we simply haven't won at any of those venues for such a long time. (1992, 1996, 1999, 1994 ? respectively in the league I believe) so to finally go and get a victory after so many years away would be a fine achievement. But as before, I often can't look beyond the actual 'progress' games, such as in the cup tournaments, where there's an actual trophy to be won. I think we can (if Martinez shows a bit more care and attention next time) go a long way in next years FA Cup tournament and feasibly reach at least the semi-finals, so looking ahead, that could appear to be the biggest game if we were to make it. Obviously if we were to win, you would take it on to the actual Final itself.

Agreed that all games are as important as each other... You dont get more points for beating à top four side.... I soule think that beating either Chelsea, the shite, arsenal or utd away would be fairly important to RM though for other reasons.

It's not quite as simple as that. If we're close to winning a Top Four spot, a win against one of the other top teams would effectively be a six-pointer. Three points may be just three points for us - but they also mean zero points for our opponents.

It's not quite as simple as that. If we're close to winning a Top Four spot, a win against one of the other top teams would effectively be a six-pointer. Three points may be just three points for us - but they also mean zero points for our opponents.

I see what you mean, but preventing a rival from gaining 3 points is irrelevant if you don't win the next game, hence my take on things ;)