IGNORED

Ryan Gauld

This kid looks great on youtube!!

He and the other Dundee kid signed contract extensions today, but only for an additional 6 months beyond what they were already contracted. Is this a way for Dundee to keep them longer or to drive up the asking price?

Also, google says that Real Madrid was scouting this kid last month. Hopefully he doesn't get sucked into that talent vacuum.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/souttar-and-gauld-agree-to-extend-united-stays.22603055

Theyre both tied down until 2016 and they signed other youngsters to similar extensions so I think they are just looking to tie them down to be honest, although if a decent bid came in not sure they would be in a position to turn it down

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing is and don't think its been said yet...

Players must be watching games like EfC Vs Ushitehead & Arse yesterday and they must be saying to themselves "I wouldn't mind playing for that team" so along with the fact that we are all buzzing the way Bobby has us playing currently, its also a massive advert / attraction for players like Gauld to want to come and be a part of future EfC and that is very VERY exciting IMO

Couldn't be happier today, OK maybe if Suarez had fell down the stairs last night and broke one of his legs I could be ;)

And I tell ye what, absolutely cannot wait to see George Green getting in and around the full squad in the not so distant future as well, by all accounts he is also the real deal

Edited by drs08

No matter how many times i see that i am still impressed.

Your right, what an advert for young players to come and play for our club. Barkley, Jerry, Coleman and stones are all getting exposure. I know Coleman is getting on now but again it shows how far a young player can go at our beloved club.

Coleman is almost a veteran at EFC already!

Coleman is getting on? I must be ancient.

haha i meant it in the best of ways!

But he has been with us for a good few years now and for an unknown young man has progressed pretty fast but also steady. And because of this he seems to have been here for a long time, part of the furniture now.

And ye if he is getting on i'm probably dead and burried.

• 4 months later...

If we do get him then I think we'd need to see him bulk up a bit. I keep reading that City will splash the cash on Messi and I just don't see how Messi would cope with the physicality of the EPL. No doubt he would get a welcome to the EPL clattering at every ground. I guess Silva illustrates he could be successful anyway I'm digressing from the thread.

Yes, sign him up.

• 1 month later...

Sounds a bargain! All these young Dundee United lads have spoken about being happy where they are and not anxious for a move, but you can understand him being intrigued by playing overseas. I think this could spark some interest from Premier League clubs like Arsenal that were supposed to be interested last season, especially at that price. If he's genuinely on the move then I hope we're in the mix.