IGNORED

Niklas Moisander

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/01/30/what-the-papers-say-30-january

What do you think? Is there any truth to this? Would he be what Everton needs?

To me as a Finn it would be interesting. They report that the price would be be around £3m. He was also voted as Finnish footballer of the year 2012 and 2013.

Edited by meanbone

With Distin now signed up until summer 2015, I would have thought a younger left-sided central defender would have been the priority, not one who will turn 29 before next season. Bruno Martins Indi has always seemed to fit that particular bill but maybe he's moving out of our price range.

With Distin now signed up until summer 2015, I would have thought a younger left-sided central defender would have been the priority, not one who will turn 29 before next season. Bruno Martins Indi has always seemed to fit that particular bill but maybe he's moving out of our price range.

I agree. I think Moisander is a quality player. He has won Eredivisie title with AZ and Ajax and has captained both teams. He could succeed in the Premier League but I, too would still prefer we sign someone a bit younger.

Hello from Finland!

We only have two good enough players in our national team who could maybe play for everton. This guy is one of them. Really good with the ball(would probably suit well for martinez tacticts). Theres been lot of speculation in our media for this one today. He was earlier linked even for barcelona, but i think if hes going to move hes not going to second best option. So i hope this is true!

Guest blueboy122

Hello from Finland!

We only have two good enough players in our national team who could maybe play for everton. This guy is one of them. Really good with the ball(would probably suit well for martinez tacticts). Theres been lot of speculation in our media for this one today. He was earlier linked even for barcelona, but i think if hes going to move hes not going to second best option. So i hope this is true!

Thanks for the insight.

I hope that we do sign him to be honest especially if Johnny leaves.

Hello from Finland!

Out of interest, who is the other?

Someone's been at his wiki profile already:

"Niklas Moisander (born 29 September 1985) is a tremendo Finnish footballer who plays as a central defender or left fullback. His Father once streaked Poundland and Costco in Liverpool City Centre in the same day without arrest before getting the bus to Chester Zoo wearing a watch made entirely of velcro. He represents the [Finland national football team|Finland national team]] and some club that nobody has ever heard of. His love of ice cream is particularly intense and is the proud holder of his own knickerbockerglory glass[2]

He is the twin brother of goalkeeper Henrik Moisander, and is the current captain of the national team of Wools. Having been voted the Wool Footballer of the Year in both 2012 and in 2013."

• 1 year later...