IGNORED

Goodison Park *Away Fan*

Sorry to post on your forum but I need some help... I'm driving up from Cardiff is weekend ... Just wondering where I can park (as an away fan)?

Cheers

Stanley Park car park is fine mate, it's mainly blues but away supporters to park there. Then it's an easy mile walk to Goodison. Best bet buddy. Bout £8 normally!

• 4 weeks later...

You're probably best parking at Liverpool Airport mate, its only a ten minute walk from the ground and the parking is pretty cheap.

Hope you have a good trip to Liverpool, full of good honest people.

Haha just seen this! Either a massive wind up or a clueless Evertonian.

But, without meaning to sound controversial, how can she continue with such a limited number of seats (relative to other top teams)? For Everton to create a lasting dynasty of success, additional revenues are needed. There's little point in winning more fans when there are insufficient seats available for them to sit in the stadium.

Waiting for the rotten tomatoes.

But, without meaning to sound controversial, how can she continue with such a limited number of seats (relative to other top teams)? For Everton to create a lasting dynasty of success, additional revenues are needed. There's little point in winning more fans when there are insufficient seats available for them to sit in the stadium.

Waiting for the rotten tomatoes.

She can't. But it's hard to replace her with no money.

But that's a chicken and egg situation. Can't increase the number of seats because there's no money, but there's no money because there aren't enough seats. Maybe breaking into the CL would break the cycle - even though everyone would be clammering for that money to be spent on players.

There's no money because our owners can't/won't put any in.

There's no money because our owners can't/won't put any in.

Why should they? Unless we're just a plaything, as are some of the other big clubs, we're a business. Why should the owners invest hundreds of millions unless they have a pretty much guaranteed return? It's like any other business: You'd want to see a clear pay-back period, with interest, otherwise it's better to invest in other things.

Why might change that? (i) Increased income due to CL participation. (ii) Increased fan base, with the stadium sold out every week (maybe it is already, I don't know). (iii) An initiative from the supporters, who may be willing to donate/invest in the club.

But I'd rather be having this discussion than support a club like Man City that tries to buy their way to success. Somehow, that's not genuine. When you succeed through talent and hard work, it's so much more rewarding.

I expect them to have put something into the club in order to make the return they'll be expecting when they do eventually (hopefully) sell up. But the fact is they've not put a single penny into the club other than buying their shares.

I don't recall saying we should buy success? Pointing out that our owners and their complete lack of investment is a big obstacle to us getting a new stadium is nothing to do with success. I'm not saying we should be anyone's plaything but that as owners I expect them to put something in.

I'm going to pull a Dalziel here and post like I'm thinking. I can't be arsed going into all of this again, it's been done to death on here.