IGNORED

Crossing the Pond

Mpls Ed

A Few Years Back

My neighbor is from Manchester and he's a United fan. He's over here coaching a local University team. One night we starting talking soccer. I asked him which EPL team I should follow, as I knew nothing about the teams (or anything EPL, or anything soccer). After a series of questions, he determined I'm an Everton guy. Turns out to be a good fit.

Last Fall

The wife asked what I wanted for my 40th bday next year. I said, "to see an English soccer (football) game (match)". (I'm learning the terms.) She said OK. I've got a good one.

Tomorrow Night

I board a plane with Man U fan, and another neighbor whose wife is also too kind. So the three of us Minnesotans will be there on Sunday. But first we'll see Blackburn v Yoevil on Friday. And some other stuff on Saturday. Maybe a cricket match? Or rugby?

Looking forward to the Victory on Sunday!!

Welcome to the forum and please enjoy your trip. (I am sure you will) Any idea which rugby you would like to see? A Rugby League game or a Rugby Union Game?

Not sure. We're staying in Backpool. Guessing that doesn't help answer your question. Maybe something near our hotel? Rugby is picking up over here. More and more high schools are putting teams together. This is good for growing the game.

Not sure. We're staying in Backpool. Guessing that doesn't help answer your question. Maybe something near our hotel? Rugby is picking up over here. More and more high schools are putting teams together. This is good for growing the game.

I would guess it's probably Rugby Union that's growing in the US, but Rugby League is much bigger in the North of England where you're staying (Union much bigger in the South). I'm biased, but League is more exciting, faster, more athletic and more skillful :)

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the match!

Welcome from a fellow American. I've only been on the boards here for a bit, but I learn a lot. I've been "forced" into rugby (union) as my girlfriend is the coach of our college team at James Madison University (womens) and she is also the manager of the US National Team (womens)...she's played all her life--tiny as she is--but due to several shoulder injuries she now just coaches. I've got a lot of friends in MPLS...great city.

Quality intro.....welcome.

We have a good amount of American members but I think few have been to Goodison (yet). Enjoy your trip, your wife sounds like a diamond.

Definitely a keeper!

What a match to attend for your first experience of the old lady, the atmosphere will be unreal.

Enjoy my friend.

At the airport bar. A few beers and I'll be asleep 2 hrs into the flight. Next stop, Amsterdam. A morning beer, then to Manchester.

Super excited. Bummed we lost today. Needed at least 1 pt.

If you see a guy in obnoxious blue slacks, that's me. Oh yeah, I'm wearing them. Ask that guy if his name is Ed.

Wearing an Everton pin on my sweater right now. My Man U buddy gave it to me.

At the airport bar. A few beers and I'll be asleep 2 hrs into the flight. Next stop, Amsterdam. A morning beer, then to Manchester.

Super excited. Bummed we lost today. Needed at least 1 pt.

If you see a guy in obnoxious blue slacks, that's me. Oh yeah, I'm wearing them. Ask that guy if his name is Ed.

Wearing an Everton pin on my sweater right now. My Man U buddy gave it to me.

enjoy the beer, I'm trying to get over the jet lag from arrving back in Liverpool from Phoenix :)