IGNORED

Predict the result: World Cup edition

Very modest of you mate :)

Forget the fact that doc_bump and Geth managed to achieve perfect scores for the Japan-Greece game and that verreauxi retains the overall lead, I AM IN FIRST PLACE FOR THE SECOND ROUND! Not only that, I've increased my lead, which makes me so much better at this game than anyone else. :)

WC-0619c_zps89504047.jpg

Forget the fact that doc_bump and Geth managed to achieve perfect scores for the Japan-Greece game and that verreauxi retains the overall lead, I AM IN FIRST PLACE FOR THE SECOND ROUND! Not only that, I've increased my lead, which makes me so much better at this game than anyone else. :)

WC-0619c_zps89504047.jpg

You are doing a cracking job mate. How much will it cost me to get to the top of the table LOL (I can't do it with my crappy predictions and that's a fact.) :D

Everyone who made a prediction scored two points. We all believed Argentina would win, but none of us thought it would be that close.

WC-0621a_zps0d1fe031.jpg

PS - apologies to doc_bump. I mistyped something when generating the results. You did score two points, not one. I've corrected the problem now, and your scores will be correct on the next summary sheet. Sorry about that!

Edited by Cornish Steve

Guest Nikica

Everyone who made a prediction scored two points. We all believed Argentina would win, but none of us thought it would be that close.

WC-0621a_zps0d1fe031.jpg

PS - apologies to doc_bump. I mistyped something when generating the results. You did score two points, not one. I've corrected the problem now, and your scores will be correct on the next summary sheet. Sorry about that!

It's impossible to make a perfect scoring system, but it does seem unfair that (just using this game as an example) the likes of myself, Mike, Rubes, Geth and Tonka can predict a hammering by Argentina, yet Nyarko can be cautious about the result (thinking Arg will only win 2-0) yet we all score the same points.

It seems like Nyarko's prediction was far better than ours as we predicted a rout whereas he thought it wouldn't be a walkover (as it wasn't). But as I say, you can't really account for that sort of thing as it becomes more subjective and less about cold, hard stats.

Edited by Nikica

It's impossible to make a perfect scoring system, but it does seem unfair that (just using this game as an example) the likes of myself, Mike, Rubes, Geth and Tonka can predict a hammering by Argentina, yet Nyarko can be cautious about the result (thinking Arg will only win 2-0) yet we all score the same points.

It seems like Nyarko's prediction was far better than ours as we predicted a rout whereas he thought it wouldn't be a walkover (as it wasn't). But as I say, you can't really account for that sort of thing as it becomes more subjective and less about cold, hard stats.

Yes, I have thought about that. Maybe, in a future content, we get 2 points for an exact score and one point for being just one goal off when the result is correct.

Guest Nikica

Yes, I have thought about that. Maybe, in a future content, we get 2 points for an exact score and one point for being just one goal off when the result is correct.

That might be fairer. Tbh it's more of an issue in games where one team is expected to hammer the other. But yeah, it might be an idea.

I keep losing points because I bottle scores. I did sort of fancy Ghana to get something tonight, but I played safe because I knew everyone would back Germany and I didn't wanna lose ground. As I said the other day, we should perhaps take more risks. I might do so for the final games, especially as some teams have already qualified. Well done to verreauxi as well.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

For some reason I thought verreauxi was female when he first joined - was sure they'd said that at the time but I must have imagined it.

Edited by Nikica

First, find a duck...

That was the first VHS film I ever owned when the new fangled ground breaking video recorder went on the market god knows how many years ago; can probably recite the whole script from memory; but I won't :unsure:.

For some reason I thought verreauxi was female when he first joined - was sure they'd said that at the time but I must have imagined it.

That was a dream Nik :lol:.

Guest Nikica

That was the first VHS film I ever owned when the new fangled ground breaking video recorder went on the market god knows how many years ago; can probably recite the whole script from memory; but I won't :unsure:.

That was a dream Nik :lol:.

:rofl:

Here's the template for round 3 predictions, for those who'd like to get a headstart.

Australia x(x) Spain (x)x

Netherlands x(x) Chile x(x)

Cameroon x(x) Brazil x(x)

Croatia x(x) Mexico x(x)

Costa Rica x(x) England x(x)

Italy x(x) Uruguay x(x)

Greece x(x) Ivory Coast x(x)

Japan x(x) Colombia x(x)

Bosnia H x(x) Iran x(x)

Nigeria x(x) Argentina x(x)

Ecuador x(x) France x(x)

Honduras x(x) Switzerland x(x)

Portugal x(x) Ghana x(x)

USA x(x) Germany x(x)

Algeria x(x) Russia x(x)

S Korea x(x) Belgium x(x)

Australia 1 (0) Spain (1) 3

Netherlands 1(1) Chile 2 (1)

Cameroon 0(0) Brazil 1(2)

Croatia 1 (1) Mexico 2 (1)

Costa Rica 1(0) England 1 (1)

Italy 3(2) Uruguay 2(1)

Greece 1(0) Ivory Coast 2 (2)

Japan 1(0) Colombia 1(1)

Bosnia H 2(1) Iran 0 (1)

Nigeria 1(0) Argentina 1 (3)

Ecuador 1 (0) France 0(0)

Honduras 0(0) Switzerland 1(1)

Portugal 2(2) Ghana 2(1)

USA 2 (1) Germany 2(2)

Algeria 1(0) Russia 1(1)

S Korea 1(0) Belgium 3(1)

Edited by TonkaRoost

Can anyone think of a reason I can give Verreauxi a forty eight hour posting ban so he can't get his tips in for the next round; abusive personal messages, racist tweets or whatever. Stepping on the cracks in the pavement would do at a stretch :lol:.

Australia 1(1) Spain (1)2

Netherlands 2(1) Chile 2(2)

Cameroon 0(0) Brazil 1(3)

Croatia 2(1) Mexico 2(1)

Costa Rica 3(2) England 1(0)

Italy 1(0) Uruguay 2(0)

Greece 0(0) Ivory Coast 1(0)

Japan 1(0) Colombia 2(2)

Bosnia H 1(1) Iran 2(1)

Nigeria 1(1) Argentina 3(1)

Ecuador 0(0) France 4 (2)

Honduras 0(0) Switzerland 2(2)

Portugal 2(1) Ghana 1(1)

USA 1(0) Germany 4(2)

Algeria 1(1) Russia 1(0)

S Korea 0(0) Belgium 3(0)

Can anyone think of a reason I can give Verreauxi a forty eight hour posting ban so he can't get his tips in for the next round; abusive personal messages, racist tweets or whatever. Stepping on the cracks in the pavement would do at a stretch :lol:.

He attacked me in a PM... probably.

I should get his points because of the distress he has caused me.

Australia 0(0) Spain (1)3

Netherlands 1(0) Chile 2(0)

Cameroon 0(0) Brazil 4(1)

Croatia 3(2) Mexico 1(0)

Costa Rica 2(1) England 0(0)

Italy 1(1) Uruguay 1(1)

Greece 0(0) Ivory Coast 2(0)

Japan 1(1) Colombia 3(1)

Bosnia H 1(0) Iran 1(0)

Nigeria 0(0) Argentina 3(1)

Ecuador 1(1) France 3(1)

Honduras 0(0) Switzerland 2(2)