IGNORED

Predict the result: World Cup edition

Congratulations to Rubecula for receiving a perfect score on the 3/4 playoff game. A shoutout too to Geth who, despite making no predictions in the first round (16 games), may well be ahead of someone who has predicted all games at the World Cup (namely, yours truly). On the leaderboard, verreauxi goes into the World Cup final with a lead of six points. Since that game is worth double points, MikeO is still in with a shot.

WC-0712_zps1eff1f9c.jpg

And here are the final results. Bear in mind that double points are awarded for the World Cup final.

First to congratulate is MikeO for achieving a perfect score in the final. Not only is he the points leader for the final game but he also wins the final round with a score of 10 points.

Two more mentions before we get to the overall winner. First, Geth did catch me. This is an amazing achievement since Geth joined the contest only after all first round games were played. Second, Rubecula met his goal, finishing ahead of me (not, in honesty, that that took much!).

Going into the final, verreauxi was 6 points ahead of MikeO, with the rest of us quite a ways back. Both predicted a win for Germany, so how did it play out?

Drum roll please...

MikeO achieved a perfect score of 5, doubled up to 10 points. Verreauxi predicted the correct result (win for Germany) and zero goals for Argentina for 2 points, doubled up to 4 points. So, the final result is a tie! CONGRATULATIONS TO VERREAUXI AND MIKEO - joint winners of the TT World Cup prediction competition.

Here's the final table.

WC-0713_zps543c18f8.jpg

Edited by Cornish Steve

Brilliant Steve, you've done a grand job on this.

Me and Verreauxi will have to meet up for a shoot out sometime :P.

Whoa!!! I was logging on fully thinking that MikeO had me beat at the line. Didn't expect a tie. Yes, when I'm in Liverpool we'll do a shoot out.

Many thanks Steve, it was a fun contest that you organized!!

Massive thanks to Steve for doing this!

Congrats to Verreauxi and, probably moreso to Mike, who had one hell of a gap to catch up. A tie was probably the fairest of results :)

After the group games I only got one prediction wrong, and that was the third place play off :o. Amazed.

And here's one final table. This shows the average number of points per predicted game for everyone who participated - with no double points for the last game.

verreauxi 2.06

Geth 2.04

MikeO 2.02

markjazzbassist 1.94

NyarkosLeftToe 1.81

TonkaRoost 1.77

PeterH 1.75

doc_bump 1.72

Matt 1.72

Vranny 1.69

Rubecula 1.67

Nikica 1.65

Alguna Vez Tonelada 1.63

Cornish Steve 1.56

Bailey 1.50

bluenosetoffee 1.44

Edited by Cornish Steve

wish I had followed my other prediction game, found out I just won 230 chfs (150 quid on a 15 quid stake) :) if the Dutch had made it and Germany beat them in the final, wouldve been 500 quid, but nevermind!

Edited by Matt