IGNORED

Predict the result: World Cup edition

I'm sure he's up to it! Draw for the extra preliminary round has already been made. Get your tips in :P. I'll go (1)2 v (0)0 for all of them :lol:.

Haha!

Ooh I dunno, Jarrow Roofing Boldon CA v Eccleshill United looks a cracker! Got 4-3 written all over it :)

Brazil (0)0 Germany (0)2

Netherlands (0)1 Argentina (1)2

That second game is a tough one to predict. I think the first goal will be more crucial than normal because if Holland score first, they will pick Argentina off on the counter like they did Spain and if Argentina score, they will defend deep and make it awkward like they did against Belgium.

I honestly have no idea about these games...just hoping they are good. My picks:

Brazil (1)2 Germany (0)1

Netherlands (1)2 Argentina (0)1

Agree they're too close to call with any confidence.

Glad you didn't take the easy way and just copy my picks thus assuring yourself of overall victory (it's what I'd have done :rofl:).

If the results go my way we might just have a live final, if they go yours it'll truly be a massacre!

Congratulations to Alguna Vez Tonelada, Matt, and TonkaRoost for managing three points for this game - predicting a German lead at half-time, a German win, and Brazil scoring one goal. You are joint leaders for the semifinal round. MikeO has gained a point on verreauxi but is running out of time.

WC-0708_zps7b891e72.jpg

Two people managed a perfect score today: MikeO and markjazzbassist. For the semifinal round, the jazzbassist is the winner - well done! The overall leaderboard is a clear two-horse race with just two games to go (with the final being double points).

I was conflicted in the shoot out last night; want a European winner so would've liked a Holland win but knew an Argentina win would put me back in with a shout :P.

you mean noone had a perfect prediction :o

You taking the piss? :shaking fist: Just because I missed the cut off to post a prediction. I knew what the score was and could have got a perfect score on the table :dry:

OK maybe not :rofl: I would have predicted a big win for Brazil actually.

Anyway for the final..... Last chance to close up a bit ....

Germany 2 (3) Argentina 1 (4) AET + pens

OOPS nearly forgot Third place playoffs.

Big team changes for both sides so :

Nederlands 0 (0) Brazil 1 (3)

Edited by Rubecula

You taking the piss? :shaking fist: Just because I missed the cut off to post a prediction. I knew what the score was and could have got a perfect score on the table :dry:

OK maybe not :rofl: I would have predicted a big win for Brazil actually.

Anyway for the final..... Last chance to close up a bit ....

Germany 2 (3) Argentina 1 (4) AET + pens

OOPS nearly forgot Third place playoffs.

Big team changes for both sides so :

Nederlands 0 (0) Brazil 1 (3)

So Argentina 4-3 up at half time and Germany to win 2-1 at the end and Brazil to go three up in the first half and scrape home 1-0?.

Could happen :lol:.

I got the score the wrong way round? I think CS is clever enough to realise what I did.

But just in case

Nederlands 0 Brazil 1 at half time

Nederlands (0) Brazil (3) at full time.

Germany half time score 2 Argentina Half time score 1

Germany full time score (3) Argentina full time score (4)

:P