IGNORED

Maxime Lestienne

He plays for Mirallas' favorite team so he'll be able to tell us all about him probably. I think last year he didn't have a very good last half of the season or something, but he played really well the season and a half before that. Very fast, left-footed, can play either wing.

Loads of potential from what I've read about him. It's hard to imagine him being "offered" to us though.

It's probably like, offered by his agent, rather than by his club, I think.

Apparently he was actually invited to come over for two days to be shown around the stadium, etc. back when he was 17 and his team went bankrupt. He had already made his first team debut for Mouscron back then and played well, but eventually he chose to make the step up to Club Bruges, one of the top teams in Belgium and apparently his favourite club as a kid.

I just noticed this thread. Yeah Maxime Lestienne is a pretty effective and pacey goalgetting dribbler. He's been the star at Club Bruges for a couple of years now, only overshadowed by Carlos Bacca 2 seasons ago (or 1, depending how you look at it).

I've never been fully convinced that he's EPL material, maybe he could be a decent weapon for teams on the right half of the league table. He's an effective little machine. in yesterday's game, he started on the bench, which was surprising. MPH seems to have preferred the youngster Storm over Lestienne.

lets be honest you dont come across players as good as robben very often.

I didn't say he was as good, cause he's far from it, I basically said he's the poor man's version of the poor man's version. I just wanted to give you an idea of his style, use and position.

he's basically like a chav version of a poor man's Robben,

The chav version? Of a poor mans Robben? So he is not even a poor mans Robben but a chav version of a poor mans Robben? In that case I forbid anyone to compare him to Anders Limpar. And I forbid Everton to sign him, why would we want a chav version of a poor mans Robben? We could use a poor mans Robben tho.

I remember the kid being linked a couple of years ago & being quite excited as he was being touted as a star of the future. Not exactly set the world on fire since then obviously as this is the first I've heard of him since. Meh....

He's actually the golden boot winner for 2013 in Belgium. Some could argue that he's a great signing, but there's just such a big difference between playing in Belgium and playing in an English top tier team. I'd say perhaps the French competition is the 'right' level for him.

He's actually the golden boot winner for 2013 in Belgium. Some could argue that he's a great signing, but there's just such a big difference between playing in Belgium and playing in an English top tier team. I'd say perhaps the French competition is the 'right' level for him.

Also, second in the Player of the Year Award in the Belgian league to Thorgan Hazard last year as well, right?