IGNORED

Pre Season: SC Paderborn 07

MikeO

Better than the other night but still behind where we should be.

Howard has been poor on the whole. He has only had a couple of things to do really and he has given the penalty away before then getting in a mix up with Jags/Hibbert when he probably should have been collecting it.

Baines & Jags havent been good but havent been bad. Bainesy has looked like he was improving as the half went on.

Alcaraz is the MOTM so far. Really encouraging and he hasnt injured himself yet.

Hibbert hasnt been as bad as the other night. I would like to see someone else come on in his place.

Barry has been ok but more wasteful than I would like.

Besic has disappointed. Passing poor, committing to unnecessary fouls but he has done some good things too. Up and down.

McGeady hasnt been in the game. Again he has done some good things but he too has then been wasteful.

Pienaar has held the ball up well but he has been very wasteful and a lot of the time he has slowed the play down too much when we could have quickened it up. He hasnt really linked as well as he should have been.

Barkley has shown glimpses but nothing more. Im just waiting for him to grab the game by the neck because as soon as he does, he will rip these apart.

Long has unfortunately been given absolutely nothing. The turn and finish for his goal was brilliant and he has made some nice runs and turned defenders on a couple of occasions too but he just needs to be given more help from the rest of them.

I just think a lot of them havent got their game heads screwed on and that is where I am hoping we will come on a lot between now and Leicester. Fitness wise we look ok but we just dont look sharp. We are making poor decisions in possession and that is where we have to improve.

Having watched us this pre-season I'm not sure how people can not be concerned with how we've played. I know it's just pre-season but teams have been opening us up with ease and we've looked pretty clueless in attack for the most part. I don't see how these issues are going to be magically resolved just because we're playing Leicester.

This is the 1st game I will have seen all the way through and its awful. So casual, no focus, so many silly little mistakes!

Better than the other night but still behind where we should be.

Howard has been poor on the whole. He has only had a couple of things to do really and he has given the penalty away before then getting in a mix up with Jags/Hibbert when he probably should have been collecting it.

Baines & Jags havent been good but havent been bad. Bainesy has looked like he was improving as the half went on.

Alcaraz is the MOTM so far. Really encouraging and he hasnt injured himself yet.

Hibbert hasnt been as bad as the other night. I would like to see someone else come on in his place.

Barry has been ok but more wasteful than I would like.

Besic has disappointed. Passing poor, committing to unnecessary fouls but he has done some good things too. Up and down.

McGeady hasnt been in the game. Again he has done some good things but he too has then been wasteful.

Pienaar has held the ball up well but he has been very wasteful and a lot of the time he has slowed the play down too much when we could have quickened it up. He hasnt really linked as well as he should have been.

Barkley has shown glimpses but nothing more. Im just waiting for him to grab the game by the neck because as soon as he does, he will rip these apart.

Long has unfortunately been given absolutely nothing. The turn and finish for his goal was brilliant and he has made some nice runs and turned defenders on a couple of occasions too but he just needs to be given more help from the rest of them.

Hibbert has gone missing too many times for me.

Besic has been held back I think, due to the poor refereeing.

Barkley again being far too complacent and frustrating.

The rest I agree with. Brilliant goal from Long!

I think Chris Long is still a little weak to play on his own up front. He just gets knocked off the ball a little too easily but he can clearly finish!

Neither he nor McAleny look like they have the physical frame that will allow them to play up front on their own imo.