IGNORED

Pre Season: SC Paderborn 07

MikeO

Can anyone tell me how is Besic playing?Greetings from Bosnia,sorry for bad language :)

Very impressed; the biggest plus of pre season for me.

Well I'm worried! Absolutely awful all pre season.

I'll be worried if we play that way next week, not now. But I'm the eternal optimist.

I don't care so much about winning preseason games. But, I would feel a lot better going into the season if our back 4 looked half as composed as those of the teams we've played against.

The sloppy, lazy passing also has me worried. Shouldn't we be trying to at least gain some confidence and familiarity by stringing together some nice moves now and then?

We've looked utterly aimless. I feel like a real game situation will eliminate some of our lazy play. But, I hope it doesn't take us a few weeks to come out of our slumber. What really has me worried is our back 4. They have been abysmal.

It's all the more frustrating just knowing that, on paper, we should have been demolishing these sides.

I'll only be worried when we see a line up of Howard, hibbert, Jags, distin, Baines, Barkley, McCarthy, Barry, Mirallas,Besic,lukaku.....and er play like that.

Then and only then will I post negative posts. You lot are so morbid.

Only 3 out of all of them didnt play a minute today, the rest played all or most of the game except McCarthy who got about 20mins. Ok Barkley only 45 mins where he was dreadful

8 of our probable 1st team played like that. So Im not getting your point here.

Edited by Matt

I don't get to excited or too depressed by pre-season. Not much more that formalised training sessions. You often far learn more in defeats and poor performances than you do in decent performances and victories. The only real reason for going to Germany was to get that quick European trip turnaround under the belt of the squad - job done.

I just don't bother watching pre-season games anymore. - a waste of a couple of hours of my life.

This pre-season the squad is stronger than last season at the same point, so I happy enough with it.

The players will not be going in to the first game with any complacency as they all know they need to mover up a gear or two - and I think they will.

I can't remember a pre season quite this bad surely Martinez must be worried.

It seems like really bad planning by the club.

There was a good point made by the commentators, that we've chosen teams from different leagues and experienced different types of play which was the point of preseason - prepare for Europe. Apparently these games were picked after the intense planning (or words that effect)

I don't get to excited or too depressed by pre-season. Not much more that formalised training sessions. You often far learn more in defeats and poor performances than you do in decent performances and victories. The only real reason for going to Germany was to get that quick European trip turnaround under the belt of the squad - job done.

I just don't bother watching pre-season games anymore. - a waste of a couple of hours of my life.

This pre-season the squad is stronger than last season at the same point, so I happy enough with it.

The players will not be going in to the first game with any complacency as they all know they need to mover up a gear or two - and I think they will.

I can't remember a pre season quite this bad surely Martinez must be worried.

It seems like really bad planning by the club.

Two simultaneous posts. Glass nearly full with a nice head on it against a few warm, flat dregs left in the morning after last night's party.

I'm with Rob personally but time will tell.

Only 3 out of all of them didnt play a minute today, the rest played all or most of the game except McCarthy who got about 20mins. Ok Barkley only 45 mins where he was dreadful

8 of our probable 1st team played like that. So Im not getting your point here.

My point is. Players pull out of tackles all game and are constantly worried of injuries, and you were missing a real presence up top with 15 goals in Rom and also our best attacking threat in Kevin. McCarthy only played ten minutes and alcaraz isn't good enough. That's my point.

I don't mean it to sound as if I'm hitting the panic button. I just would've liked to have seen some more cohesiveness in our play--things like the back 4 not playing teams onside, not playing lazy passes to nowhere, successfully playing out of the back. I just want to see that our players are all on the same page. I couldn't care less about preseason results, but there should be little nuggets of encouragement to take from these friendlies, and I haven't seen them.

I'm normally a glass-half-full type, myself. So, my worrying actually worries me more, if that makes sense.

I've been secretly watching yhis thread in work on the sly thinking all thread, will some fucker post the score. I couldn't tell if it was 1-1 or 2-1 at half time until someone posted it's 3-1 now.

Bunch of fuckers :lol:

This is the first post in this thread that's made me smoke so thank you! :P

My point is. Players pull out of tackles all game and are constantly worried of injuries, and you were missing a real presence up top with 15 goals in Rom and also our best attacking threat in Kevin. McCarthy only played ten minutes and alcaraz isn't good enough. That's my point.

Alcaraz was MOTM for me, looked solid for the most part and cant be held responsible for the second goal .

I'll agree with the 3 you mentioned were really missedbut the other 8 will be 1st teamers for the most part, which is worrying. You said when you see a line up, which included 8 of those you mentioned, start playing like that then you'll worry. Well, they did! Thats why I got confused :)

Roberto Martinez conceded he was disappointed with aspects of Everton's performance in Saturday's 3-1 friendly defeat to SC Paderborn - but insists his side will be ready for a return to Premier League action next weekend.

The Blues went ahead in their final pre-season outing at the Benteler Arena but goals from Marvin Duksch and Daniel Bruckner added to a Moritz Stoppelkamp penalty to earn the hosts victory.

Everton travel to Leicester City for their first league outing of 2014/15 next Saturday and Martinez told evertontv: "Apart from the result, it was exactly what we wanted as a test.

"We wanted to have a trial of what we will experience when we go away in Europe and it was exactly that.

"But we came to a new environment and we started to get frustrated with the game, which started very well, but we lost concentration and we were a little bit soft in that respect.

"But the game served it's purpose and we know exactly what to expect now. We need to be strong and not give soft goals away.

"It's going to be a really good week now getting ready for Leicester, which is another challenge again.

"We're looking forward to it and getting back to playing league football."

From the official site.
Edited by Steve_E

Alcaraz was MOTM for me, looked solid for the most part and cant be held responsible for the second goal .

I'll agree with the 3 you mentioned were really missedbut the other 8 will be 1st teamers for the most part, which is worrying. You said when you see a line up, which included 8 of those you mentioned, start playing like that then you'll worry. Well, they did! Thats why I got confused :)

What's the confusion then? I said eleven.