IGNORED

Pre Season: SC Paderborn 07

MikeO

No Browning today. So that means Hibbert will probably start against Leicester?

Garbutt back. He's still the only youngster that has genuinely impressed me in a 'he's played well' kind of way rather than in a 'I guess he wasn't bad' kind of way this preseason.

Likewise. I appreciate what Hibbert has brought to the club, but I really hope he doesn't start our first match of the season.

I can see 3 at the back against Leicester, go all out attack. This preseason has prepared us for bugger all so dont be surprised

Hopefully Chris Long scores a hattrick, then lifts his shirt to reveal a message that reads 'fuck signing another centre forward, Bobby!'

I was thinking the same, but for McAleny :)

Edited by Matt

Think it's Hibbert playing that's put a dampener on things for me, because the rest isn't so bad really.

Snap!

I've been trying not to beat the old drum but his inclusion in the side just pisses me off now he's very clearly past his best which for the most part was never great anyway

A great servant to the club etc but he's simply not good enough putting it politely and I'd much rather take a risk with one of the younger lads which may pay off than put a player that's pretty much a dead cert to fuck up or get torn a new stinker

Think it's Hibbert playing that's put a dampener on things for me, because the rest isn't so bad really.

Yeh I think your right. I'm hoping their left winger is crap!

Hopefully Chris Long scores a hattrick, then lifts his shirt to reveal a message that reads 'fuck signing another centre forward, Bobby!'

Haha would love for him to step!

I can see 3 at the back against Leicester, go all out attack. This preseason has prepared us for bugger all so dont be surprised

I'd much rather take my chances with that than have Hibbert playing. I'm just surprised not to see Stones or Browning given a go here.

I think we will show them a little bit more respect than that to be honest. It will be a very tough game for a number of reasons.

I'd much rather take my chances with that than have Hibbert playing. I'm just surprised not to see Stones or Browning given a go here.

really?

I think we will show them a little bit more respect than that to be honest. It will be a very tough game for a number of reasons.

I think we showed too many teams too much respect last season. We need to go out there and destroy teams.

really?

I think we showed too many teams too much respect last season. We need to go out there and destroy teams.

Just to clarify, I mean in pre-season. we obviously haven't seen enough of Browning to determine whether he's ready or not, but my guess is a no. I would prefer Stones there though.

3 at the back is generally considered a more defensive approach than four at the back. It's really 5 at the back, basically you've replaced a more attacking player (whether it's a striker or midfielder) for an additional centre back.

depends on the wing backs, it can be a very attacking formation, especially if one of the CB likes to step up (which is what I want Stones doing) and only play one DCM. .

depends on the wing backs, it can be a very attacking formation, especially if one of the CB likes to step up (which is what I want Stones doing) and only play one DCM. .

Okay, like a 3-4-3 with a diamond in midfield? I don't think that would work in the PL though where a lot of sides play a counter attacking style with wingers. Also you'd have to take out Baines as well.