IGNORED

Greeting from Iowa

Gusto181

I can't say if I was born an Evertonian and now just realized it or if I was simply chosen (probably chosen). Either way, I'd like to consider myself an Evertonian going forward. I must admit, Tim Howard is a big reason I'm a supporter. Plus, who doesn't love the color blue.

Forgive me, my soccer IQ is a bit shaky, as I've only played goalie in a rec league. I'm athletic, very competitive with great hand/eye coordination....with almost no eye/foot/ball coordination.

I have gone from knowing nothing about Lukaku 6 months ago, to then seeing him bury the US, I did quietly wonder to myself "what club does he play for?". Several youtube videos later, I've come to see how menacing the young striker can be.

And Seamus Coleman! An absolute thrill to watch.

I love the passion and loyalty of the supporters and the tremendous history of the club.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

-Nate

Hey another Des Moines man! I'll take it!

I was going to create my own introduction, but I saw this already. I too am from DSM! Been an Everton fan for about ~6 years, but only really got serious about it last year due to a combination of increased NBCSN access and a job that didn't have me working Saturday mornings.

(Edit: sorry, you may be a woman as well. my bad)

Editx2 - not a woman! you even said your name in the original post. I'm an idiot.

Edited by agbaby

Welcome agbaby. Sounds like you all can start a Des MoinesToffees affiliate.

I grew up in Chicago and went down state to Champaign-Urbana for college, but now I live in Virginia.

Iowa/Illinois, so flat you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. (old joke)

Edited by verreauxi

It's true it's true.

Yeah, it'd be fun to get a little chapter going in Iowa. Des Moines is a nice sized metro (almost 600k) but always seems to be on the wrong side of the line with these fan clubs. O0maha, for example, has an Everton chapter. They also have a Buffalo Bills chapter, an NFL team I'm a fan of. Des Moines is about two-thirds the size of Omaha and have neither.

Anyway, I'll probably head to the Royal Mile for the game Saturday. Hopefully some more Americans will have joined the Everton fray

Sorry Paddock, I have not heard of Steve Vasquez. However, I can sometimes barely remember the names of my friends. But I do know that Cloris Leachman (Great Gam Gam in Beerfest) is from Des Moines.

Agbaby - Royal Mile...too many Beers....too much Scotch....so little time. Good times.

Welcome agbaby. Sounds like you all can start a Des MoinesToffees affiliate.

I grew up in Chicago and went down state to Champaign-Urbana for college, but now I live in Virginia.

Iowa/Illinois, so flat you can watch your dog run away for 3 days. (old joke)

Welcome in agbaby.

'so flat you can watch your dog run away for 3 days'. I lived in East Anglia (UK) for several years, very flat and the term used was 'flat as a witches tit'.

I think I've heard of Steve Vasquez, but not as a chef. As a musician maybe?

And yeah Gusto, being single in my mid-20s means that my motor is still high... 9am beers are happening and it will be wonderful

He does all the local press reports for that beer and food festival you guys have. I think loads of blues type musicians play there as well.

He's not a chef as such, more of a foodie who reports on a festival but I can't remember the name of it.

He is a butcher by trade.

Anyway he's a top top bloke. It's a few years since I've been in contact with him to be fair.