IGNORED

Arsenal (H)

pete0

I know we like our new system of tippy tap slow build up keep possession but I am praying for a, back to moyes, hight tempo in there faces under the lights aggressive match, just for this game. The reason I say this cause our season could be the difference of facing Chelsea with four points and facing them with one. If we face them with one and panic sets in then I think our confidence will fall heavily for the coming weeks. If we face them with four then it will give us great confidence going into that game thinking er can takeall all three points.

Ye I much prefer the high tempo blood and gits football. If we could mix it up with sessions of passing play and then suddenly hit them with five minutes of sustained pressure it would make the perfect mix.

Why are we saying back to high tempo? We played pretty high tempo in the first half against Leicester! Just a shame about the second!

We always try to play high tempo. A build-up using short passes and a high tempo are not mutually exclusive. Just look at the first half of our last game, like Bailey said. And for anyone who's gonna argue that Barcelona's tiki taka is boring regardless, we don't play like them: we still emphasize wing play and still put in a shit-ton of crosses for example, we do try to blend the two styles. It's also got nothing to do with how agressive or conservative you defend, just think of the 1-1 draw at the Emirates last year where we barely allowed Arsenal to get out of their own half for the first 40 minutes of the game or so.

Playing direct football with lots of long forward balls doesn't always result in a high tempo either, just think of all of the times under Moyes where we were working the ball around the opposition box going nowhere after we hoofed it forward and managed to bring the ball back under our control in that area. Also with Fellaini and Cahill gone we simply don't have the player that could make that work imo.

If anything, we needed to control possession better and needed to slow things down against Leicester. That would have allowed us to rest and defend (they can't score if we've got the ball) on the ball. Anything can happen in an open, uptempo game and we conceded an equalizer.

I'm all ready to build on that 0 point foundation I've built from last week's predictions. Although I'd be much happier with a win for the good guys. BTW, is COYB something that's used by all fans or just a social media campaign? Sorry for the newbie question.

My dad says it at the start of every game straight after kick off :)

Quietly confident about todays game! hate having a late kick off though, the day always drags! hope we get to see something of Atsu, think he can cause Arsenal some problems with his pace if he gets on to run at them. Hopefully MIrallas can do that from the start. Hopefully an improved performance from Rom as well!

On a side note; cant remember if i saw it on here or somewhere else but that video of jimmy martin talking about when Neville asked for the No18 shirt, if its on here, where the hell is it!?! been looking for about half an hour! :lol:

Edited by GoodisonRoad

Bets on, brekky made eaten and cleaned away. Going to watch the early games (got Ipswich and Celtic in a 4 fold accy) then leave about 4 for the Old Lady.

Was going to go early today to the fan zone have a nose round and stuff but my youngest has decided he isn't coming and he doesn't like football anymore!! WTF??? So I'll have to leave later as I can't get him minded.

Kids eh :(

Bets on, brekky made eaten and cleaned away. Going to watch the early games (got Ipswich and Celtic in a 4 fold accy) then leave about 4 for the Old Lady.

Was going to go early today to the fan zone have a nose round and stuff but my youngest has decided he isn't coming and he doesn't like football anymore!! WTF??? So I'll have to leave later as I can't get him minded.

Kids eh :(

Sell him into slavery mate and invest the money in Chang.

Need an early goal today to get the crowd going. I think if we get an early goal we can steam roll these after that. They have bought big but still have that poor mentality and naivety when going behind in games.we can't count palace as they went to the Emirates and parked the bus, something all arsenal teams love so they can do there pointless passing outside the 18 yard box.

Sell him into slavery mate and invest the money in Chang.

You know what Mike, he's only 5 and he done the same on and off all last season. He wants to go then he doesn't then he changes his mind again. It's a strange one because he sat and watched the world cup with me, sat glued to the Lukaku press conference where as my older son (7) who is Everton mad never reslly bothered with the world cup and once I told him Lukaku was signing he just said "i don't need to watch that Dad I know he's signing now I'll see him playing next season yet the younger who is hit and miss seems to love that type of stuff!!

I think the problem is he just doesn't like the actual game when I first took him he used to complain that the noise hurt his ears and say he hated the cold so I don't think it's football and its definitely not Everton he loves them I just think it's the game he dislikes. Maybe he's a bit too young yet but time will tell.

To be honest he done this most of last season and I swore blind I wasn't renewing him this season it's not even the fact he doesn't go. My wife works Saturdays so when he cries off last minute it throws all our plans out and I'm frantic trying to get him minded. It's pointless making him because he'll just moan and arse about all game and ruin it for us "dad I'm cold, Dad I need the toilet Dad can I have some hot chocolate Dad is it nearly full time yet Dad can I swap seats with Jake so I'm next to you Dad I can't see from this sest" and on it goes until I end up barking at him which in turn makes me feel bad for shouting at him.

Ultimately it's my own fault I knew he'd be at it but I thought I'd just give it one more season as he's almost 6 now thought maybe he'd grow into it but it looks like the same pattern is emerging. I think it's a case he doesn't want to miss out as he sees me and his brother going but then he gets there and it's cold and a bit uncumfy and stuff so he cocks on going.

At least we'll have 3 seats between 2 of us :)

I'll have to get him out the chimney first.

:lol:

It's a bit different because we're 250 miles away so rarely go but my lad went through phases when he wasn't bothered and I came up quite a few times on my own. Now he's eighteen he's, if anything, more fanatical than me and he'd kill me if I left him behind; constantly on at me about when we're going next and wants to move up so he can get a season ticket! He'll probably move up on his own once he finishes college :lol:.

:lol:

It's a bit different because we're 250 miles away so rarely go but my lad went through phases when he wasn't bothered and I came up quite a few times on my own. Now he's eighteen he's, if anything, more fanatical than me and he'd kill me if I left him behind; constantly on at me about when we're going next and wants to move up so he can get a season ticket! He'll probably move up on his own once he finishes college :lol:.

If he decides to go in the future then I'll be made up if he just doesn't grow to be that into it then so be it. I wont force him. At the minute it's a case of encouraging and giving him the chance. Whatever way he decides is fine with me.

If he decides to go in the future then I'll be made up if he just doesn't grow to be that into it then so be it. I wont force him. At the minute it's a case of encouraging and giving him the chance. Whatever way he decides is fine with me.

He's still very young and will be up and down for a while mate. I remember my son didn't like footy at all at five and now he's an absolute fanatic... Just like me he sulks come pre season.

He's still very young and will be up and down for a while mate. I remember my son didn't like footy at all at five and now he's an absolute fanatic... Just like me he sulks come pre season.

I know Shukes I think I'm just judging him on the older lad. By 5 he was a regular at Goodison and was loving it. They're like chalk and cheese anyway so hopefully he'll come round.

He's an Evertonian anyway that's instilled in him. If he chooses not to follow closely then so be it. It'll no doubt save him years of heart ache anyway ;)