IGNORED

Arsenal (H)

pete0

We have options in the formation we play, which is fantastic. I think we did ok with the formation we used on the weekend, add in Coleman for Stones are we have that threat from both sides which is what our games about. Mirrallas needs to impress.. For me, it's going to be individual performances from Lukaku and Mirrallas verse either Sanago/Giroud and Sanchez as to who wins the game.

I know we like our new system of tippy tap slow build up keep possession but I am praying for a, back to moyes, hight tempo in there faces under the lights aggressive match, just for this game. The reason I say this cause our season could be the difference of facing Chelsea with four points and facing them with one. If we face them with one and panic sets in then I think our confidence will fall heavily for the coming weeks. If we face them with four then it will give us great confidence going into that game thinking er can takeall all three points.

After seeing that our defense didnt wake up from preseason slumber, I'm very nervous about this game.

I think a lot of the teams looked rusty over the weekend just gone. We were good in parts, the boys will find their feet and to be honest, we step up for the bigger games so this could actually be good for us, fingers crossed atleast

tough match for sure, but we beat them the end of last season pretty handily so let's hope they still remember. If we go 4231 i would like this

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Pienaar Mirallas

Lukaku

If we go 433 i'd like this

Howard

McCarthy Barry Besic

Lukaku Naisy Mirallas

I think a lot of the teams looked rusty over the weekend just gone. We were good in parts, the boys will find their feet and to be honest, we step up for the bigger games so this could actually be good for us, fingers crossed atleast

Very true.

tough match for sure, but we beat them the end of last season pretty handily so let's hope they still remember. If we go 4231 i would like this

Howard

McCarthy Barry

McGeady Pienaar Mirallas

Lukaku

If we go 433 i'd like this

Howard

McCarthy Besic Barry

Atsu Lukaku Mirallas

I'd prefer the 433 but with a little change Mark

Let's give time for Besic to blend into the squad and not put all the pressure on him by starting him for his first game against Arsenal.

Plus he'd be nice to have as a secret weapon if we're 1-0 down in the 80th minute.

or defending a 1 goal lead when our two CDM are both booked already....

:dry:

We're gonna have to up our game to get anything out of this match. We are traditionally slow starters (why?)and it showed against Leicester especially second half. We had a crap pre-season against crap opponents and I don't think we are really ready to play against the big boys when we are only half fit and a yard off pace. I hate to say it but I don't think the boys wanted to play after about 10mins into the second half. Need a major uplift in the psych dept methinks. I can't understand why Martinez had planned (?)such a low-key pre-season knowing we've got 2 of the top teams to play in the first 3 games of the season.

Yeah, I know....trust in Bobby.....but it does make me think.

Either a 0-1 loss or 2-1 to us depending on which Everton team turns up....the psyched up one or the one that played against Leicester.

Besiktas have missed 2 very promising opportunities. Ba missed wide from what should have been an easy goal. Another Besiktas player curled a good chance just wide. Arteta replaced in second half, limped off injured.

Ramsey just got second yellow, gone with 10 minutes left.

Edited by Elston Gunnn

I'm more concerned about how our defense has looked like deer caught in the headlights since pre-season. If we don't get that sorted, then I can see players like Sanchez and Ox as a sub tearing us a new one. Hope I'm wrong though, still need to reflect on our last game and what went right/wrong before predicting this one.

Ba's attempt straight from the kick off was so unlucky!

Cheeky wasn't it!!

After watching it, I think the points are up for grabs, Playing with 10 men for the last bit has hopefully taken a little bit more out of their legs.

What side has Sanchez been playing on? Personally I think either Coleman or Baines are good enough to keep him in their pocket!