IGNORED

Lille (A)

smulliga

I must admit I only could watch the 2nd half but I'll leave a few comments:

- The atmosphere looked great on TV. In the Spanish TV there was a talk about young people in the stadium, particularly in one of the stands, I think they said an "animation stand" or a stand for young lads. Anyway, there was no comment about the incidents that happened during the day, so I hope everyone got home safe and everyone could enjoy peacefully the game. At the end of the day it's just a football game.

- Hibbert always puts a shift in and he's looking solid. He is not a world beater but now he is playing good football, composed on the ball, doing what he is supposed to do and defending solidly. I mean, we know he's no Coleman obviously, but he is not letting the team down. Poor Browning, he also looks ready to play a few games. The improvement of Jagielka makes the team feel solid at the back. Good for him and for the team now that Stones is injured.

- McGeady seemed to be angry when substituted, and I can't understand it. I really think he is consistently giving the ball away. He looks like a pacey skillful player but I don't see anything useful coming from him. Unfortunately, he got the best chance in the half and he couldn't score it. At least he's improving his positioning, his runs and his overall movement.

- Solid defending, not so much flair in attack but one clear cut chance, 0-0 away. I'm happy for that. Lille looked quite decent today, and in Origi it seems there will be a fine striker. Maybe Martinez should do a bit more of scouting in the future instead of splashing that amount of cash on a young striker.

- Lukaku looked fat today to me. Maybe he's just out of form? Probably I am wrong, though.

- Eto'o and Lukaku look good together, and I feel Eto'o is not playing enough at the moment. At some point we would also expect Koné to show he can kick a ball too (maybe). Let's see what happens, the striker position is getting more competition (but little goals in return).

- No Gibson, no Alcaraz... if they do not get a game even in the EL, does it mean that Martinez does not trust them?

All in all, I feel the team is improving and I'm confident for the game against Burnley. Also, I'm really eager to watch El Clasico, (for those unaware of the time and date: 17h UK time, Saturday)

P.S.: What a beauty from Lamela!

- Hibbert always puts a shift in and he's looking solid. He is not a world beater but now he is playing good football, composed on the ball, doing what he is supposed to do and defending solidly. I mean, we know he's no Coleman obviously, but he is not letting the team down. Poor Browning, he also looks ready to play a few games. The improvement of Jagielka makes the team feel solid at the back. Good for him and for the team now that Stones is injured. [He's playing in these games because experience counts.]

- Lukaku looked fat today to me. Maybe he's just out of form? Probably I am wrong, though. [That'll teach you for buying a cheap TV.]

- No Gibson, no Alcaraz... if they do not get a game even in the EL, does it mean that Martinez does not trust them? [Gibson. maybe. Alcaraz, though, played on the weekend.]

Guest blueboy122

Hold the fucking phone.

I thought Lukaku made a huge difference when he came on and totally changed the way we played.

I like that ETO can drop deep and do all the hardwork with his skill and the he has the ability to pick out Lukaku because he is so intelligent on the ball.

Would love to see them play more often ETO could be a real foil for Lukaku

On the train back now lads, atmosphere the last few days has been awesome. Wednesday night was my fave like, comondered a bar by the centre and it was chant after chant after chant, watching the redshite lose and the place was buzzin. Met two lovely blokes from cirencester, wouldnt mind talking with them again if you guys are ever passinh through here. Bar de Hoy I think it was called. Top night.

the place yesterday though, never seen soo many blues in such a small area away from home. Fantastic. The place was abuz. Got talking to Jimmy Martin and Robertos PA while in one of the bars yesterday, giving us the insides on the 'intelligence' that was being fed back to the management team.

All in all, great time, shite match though! Only another 3 hours until I can get a fooking shower, I stink.