IGNORED

Lille (A)

smulliga

I think we got what we intended to play for...A point.

Nothing spectacular about it. But it's a good point away from home.

We are in a good position. Win the home games, draw the away. Good stuff.

Frustrated with our final 3rd play. Broke down too often with misunderstood runs and movement. But I guess with 6 changes it is bound to happen.

It'll do.

I only saw the last 20 minutes but we had the lions share of possession. Created lots of half chances and really should have scored. It seemed as though we were just happy to retain possession, there were numerous occasions when we could have got a shot off but chose to make another pass.

I was impressed with Lukaku when he came on and thought Jags did a solid job defending. I'm happy for the point because I don't know if there is anything else to take away from this game. (Though what the hell was up with the grass today? Looked like it was coming up in chunks. Do they not have groundskeepers in France?)

Guest millwallforever

Krasnodar had 21 shots at goal...dominated the game actually. The Germans were cynical today.

Wolfsburg 3-1 up at Krasnodar, wasn't expecting that.

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

Think we showed them too much respect. It looked more like a tactical exercise than a game we were attempting to win. The ref was a nuisance; broke up the flow of the game and was too eager to make a point of his authority.

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

The quality of the teams is going to improve in the next round. Apart from 'perennial' CL top dogs such as Real, Bayern, and Chelsea there is hardly any qualitative difference between CL and EL. This is going to be hard....very.

Win home games, draw away games and we're in the final!

We look dangerous with Lukaku and Eto'o on at the same time, I'd like to see it more often!

McGeady brightened up when Rom came on and he looked as though he could do something. However once again it's not consistant enough.

I thought the same thing. 443 lukaku Barkley and eto'o would be boss. I want more eto'o in the premier league though, he passss well and still has it.

Pleased with the result. We were much better once lukaku come on. Besic looked a little rough, and so did Barry. Glad Phil is back to his old ways, and Distin looked fine as well. Glad everyone is getting healthy. I don't understand the Ross bad game comments. I thought he did well. Created chances, ran with the ball and spread them out. If not for him we would have lost.

Also I have been a huge Pienaar backer, but after

This match im done with him. Falls over every touch, too slow, and Ross does a lot of the creating now. Would rather Stevie p as a bench guy once kev is back, I'm just over him.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The quality of the teams is going to improve in the next round. Apart from 'perennial' CL top dogs such as Real, Bayern, and Chelsea there is hardly any qualitative difference between CL and EL. This is going to be hard....very.

Wasn't suggesting it was going to happen, just pointing out the fact.

Guest millwallforever

I didn't say you were suggesting that. I am merely intimidated by how large the tournament is - and annoyed by the secondary status accorded to it by the crooks of UEFA. And this whole concept of allowing teams knocked out of the CL into the EL is absolutely ridiculous.

Wasn't suggesting it was going to happen, just pointing out the fact.

It was one of those games where we were poor but we tended to do it at the right end of the pitch. Too often this season we have fucked up in our half leaving us exposed but it's a slightly positive sign that we were actually pretty solid in our half and they didn't create much at all.

It was a weird first half because so many players were taking bad first touches when they were in decent positions and it robbed us of all momentum, the main culprits being Barkley and Pienaar.

Once Pienaar went off, we sparked into life but McGeady wasted countless opportunities to play a good ball in or take a shot. His movement was decent to get him there but he fucked it up after that. Besic was very disappointing. He was a ghost for the first 75 minutes and only kicked into gear at the end and whilst Barry was by no means perfect he had to do a lot of clearing up for him and put in a massive shift.

Jags was good, Hibbert held his own and Baines and Etoo both gave it a good go. Atsu looked livelier than I have seen him when he came on to and Lukaku was very good in his cameo.

fair result but terribly boring game -

our whole midfield was poor with Barkley and Pienaar the worst of the lot -

we had very few shots at goal - and gave the ball away far too easily -

playing Hibbert in the opposition half is a waste of space(this man has never and will never score a goal for Everton) - on defense they run circles around him -

as i have said many times i have not seen a side screaming for a proper creative midfielder like Everton does -

and you wonder why Everton struggles to get its strikers firing?