IGNORED

Lille (A)

smulliga

Mate I think you will find that there are plenty of blues in H as there will be in K , H and K and L are vertually sold out with a hell of a lot of blues , I think 10,000 is also a conservative guess , believe it or not upto 15,000 is being muted around social media with a very large contingent who are just happy to travel and take there chances over there . I had a read of a Lille fansite and they are expecting an invasion , a friend who lives in France txt me a quote from the local press as well saying that they expect to be flooded by english fans , hotel rooms are almost full ferries are full trains are full people are eurostaring to Brussels now and travelling through to Lille

Am really looking forward to the trip and am sure our fans will not tarnish our good reputation as travelling fans and let's hope we can get something out of the game , I would take a draw now if am honest , a win will be fantastic ,

Some lads were posting on another site last night they had got tickets for there ultra end upper tier and they got a few comments saying other people had them as they were the only ones left ha ha Jesus christ I can't wait , we have had to bring our coaches forward to leave at 9.00pm due to the shite being at home the same night an we all know what the motorways are like when they are at home

So starting off our journey 3 hrs earlier than planned but hey ho were Everton arnt we??????

I'm very excited for this. I really hope we are able to get points. The Burnley match Sunday is more important though, so I'd like to see a reserve side for this match. I really think we could we this, we have a strong reserve side this season and we have been doing well in Europa.

Howard/Robles

Hibbert Browning Distin Garbutt

Gibson Besic

Atsu Oviedo McGeady

Eto'o

Guest rusty747

It might be the right game to see if Baines can play in the def mid position that has been muted so often. If it goes wrong he can always revert to left back.

For once, Patto, I'm on the same page as you - I've been reading this thread and just thinking "what the fuck?!"

I think I can relate to what the others are saying.... HAD we not dropped the 4 points early then we may be in a position now to play a stronger side and not be to concerned with Burnley this weekend... The likes of Distan, Oviedo, Besic, McGeady and Éto can play fresh and compete!

I think I can relate to what the others are saying.... HAD we not dropped the 4 points early then we may be in a position now to play a stronger side and not be to concerned with Burnley this weekend... The likes of Distan, Oviedo, Besic, McGeady and Éto can play fresh and compete!

We need to build momentum, not piss it up the wall. I'm not saying don't make any changes, but wholesale changes would be stupid.

Now that is reasonable. Although, I'd be tempted to give Barkley a start for another hour or so to build his match fitness.

This, plus Bailey's post, makes sense to me. Give Eto'o, Pienaar, Besic and Atsu the start. Rest Barry, Osman, Naismith and Lukaku. Then, Naisy for Ross, Lukaku for Eto'o and Oviedo for Pienaar to kill off time at the end of the 0-4 route.

We need momentum. Play the same 11 as Saturday, no more titting about. Get some familiarity with our best 11.

I'll be very surprised if there are no changes.

I've felt that so far this season Martinez has made changes just because he can, not because they're right.

Don't get me wrong, Moyes playing our players into the ground drove me nuts and I'm glad Martinez is making use of his squad. I just feel that some of the changes he's made have been needless and have stopped us getting any sort of momentum going, and changes he should make haven't happened.

I suppose it's all a learning curve for him and he'll get a better balance as he goes along.

We need to build momentum, not piss it up the wall. I'm not saying don't make any changes, but wholesale changes would be stupid.

I agree completely, the players I mentioned coming in are capable of competing! A second clean sheet in a row would be a huge result!

I agree completely, the players I mentioned coming in are capable of competing! A second clean sheet in a row would be a huge result!

Are they though? Oviedo had an operation to remove pins from his leg, what a week or so ago? We have no idea what sort of headspace Distin is in atm (I personally believe something has gone on). And McGeady is, well, McGeady! :P

He'll play the strongest team available based on games played, fitness levels, who played recent games and future fixtures.

Each starting 11 will need tweaking slightly. No way can we play the same 11 game after game. This is where a manager earns his stripes. It's a fine balance between getting it bang on and totally wrong.

He won't be taking Lille lightly.