IGNORED

Lille (A)

smulliga

Id like to see a start given to Atsu, Etoo and Besic, and maybe Browning.

Undecided on Barkley, maybe the best decision is to not rush him, but as someone mentioned maybe it will help to build match fitness. He looked alright in the first half against villa.

Agree.

Honestly I'd prefer Martinez to rest more of the squad for the league matches, plus I reckon half of our bench should be able to hold their own in the EL.

Agree.

Honestly I'd prefer Martinez to rest more of the squad for the league matches, plus I reckon half of our bench should be able to hold their own in the EL.

Aye, but at the same time I want us to field a strong enough side to give this game a good go. Im not backing us for three points, I dont think I would away at lille with our strongest squad out. Id be happy with a point, but im also happy in the knowledge thay Bobby is never happy with a point.

Think this'll be the make or break game tbh. We lose and wolfsburg win the whole group is blown wide open we win and we're as good as through. A draw will suit us much more than Lille fhough so they'll have to come out to win it.

Think they'll pip us 2-1 though.

More arsed about the Burnley game than this to be honest.

I may be incorrect in assuming Barkley isn't just yet ready for the full 90. But if this assumption is reasonable, who's the replacement at ACM on 70-80 minutes? No Osman, no Naismith, so......

Did I notice McGeady playing some centrally for Ireland? Eto'o? Besic or Gibson moving up? Pienaar moving inside?

Barkley for 90?

Help.

I may be incorrect in assuming Barkley isn't just yet ready for the full 90. But if this assumption is reasonable, who's the replacement at ACM on 70-80 minutes? No Osman, no Naismith, so......

Did I notice McGeady playing some centrally for Ireland? Eto'o? Besic or Gibson moving up? Pienaar moving inside?

Barkley for 90?

Help.

Distin is the answer you're looking for mate.

Barkley for 90?

Help.

I would guess at Pienaar moving centrally but then again he isnt 90min fit either so depending on how the game is going we will probably be looking at bringing on a second striker or adding another central midfielder.

i'm very excited for this. i really hope we get points. i've got to be at work at 2pm, and the game starts at 12, so hopefully they have the game won by the 60th minute :)

For Americans with DirecTV -- If you have to miss the game live, it will be replayed twice tomorrow. DirecTV is having a free week of FoxSoccerPlus (ch. 621), which will show replay tomorrow at 5-7 pm, EDT. Also replayed Thursday eve on FoxSports2 (ch. 618) at 8-10 pm, EDT.

Hope it's worth watching several times.

For Americans with DirecTV -- If you have to miss the game live, it will be replayed twice tomorrow. DirecTV is having a free week of FoxSoccerPlus (ch. 621), which will show replay tomorrow at 5-7 pm, EDT. Also replayed Thursday eve on FoxSports2 (ch. 618) at 8-10 pm, EDT.

Hope it's worth watching several times.

I might have to look into that. I only have class 2 days a week but they are on Tuesday/Thursday and while I was able to sneak a look at the last 20 or so minutes of the last game in Russia, I have a midterm for my noon class tomorrow so I probably won't catch the game.

I want to win this just as much as the Burnley game. It's still early in the season and we can catch up in the league...once your our of a cup you can't get back in.

We are not strong enough to finish fourth so this is out best hope for the champions league. We need to win something to put us back on the map!

Edited by Shukes

if you get attacked the natural thing is to retaliate, I'm now worried about segregation in the stadium with our fans buying so many tickets in their area of stadium.

In the moment against the people attacking you yes; think Mark means indiscriminate retaliation against random Lille fans, which is not the natural thing to do and would be out of order.

if he has to retire because of injury the insurance will cover it.

I'm not even talking in financial terms (and the insurance wouldn't give us the full fee and wages back anyway). You buy a player to actually play for you, and if he has barely featured over the period of his contract (whatever the reason) then it's not good.