IGNORED

Barry Vs My Gran

Memmaclub

His second yellow was just lazy and petulant. Please tell me he's out for 3 games, I've been desperate to see Besic and McCarthy together. Whats the odds Besic is dropped for Gibson :lol:

Actually....

McCarthy Gibson Besic

Lennon Lukaku Mirallas

Thats not too bad either...

I'd even be pissed at those three against Young Boys. The acceptance of negativity does not sit well with me. I can't do it.

With them doing so poorly in the league so far this year, this is exactly the springboard they need.

I'm not accepting negativity, I accepting a plan B and bringing in more of the squad players into what should be an easy game but might get gritty.

With them doing so poorly in the league so far this year, this is exactly the springboard they need.

I'm not accepting negativity, I accepting a plan B and bringing in more of the squad players into what should be an easy game but might get gritty.

It is negative to play three defensive midfielders. Two is one too many in a lot of games and should be more than enough in a gritty game. Three is fucking overkill.

We struggle to create and people actually want to go more defensive. I don't get it.

It is negative to play three defensive midfielders. Two is one too many in a lot of games and should be more than enough in a gritty game. Three is fucking overkill.

We struggle to create and people actually want to go more defensive. I don't get it.

Gibson is not a CDM no matter what people say, he cannot tackle! What he can do is pass, and pass forward. Even Besic could be a box to box with his control.

edit: with the pace of Mirallas and Lennon, having Besic and Gibson pinging balls forward with accuracy, something else Barry cannot do, we have an excellent counter attack on

Edited by Matt

Gibson is not a CDM no matter what people say, he cannot tackle! What he can do is pass, and pass forward. Even Besic could be a box to box with his control.

Fuck it, let's go with all three and see the goals start flowing again. Meanwhile, in the real world we'll just continue to be tight at the back and complain we don't carry enough of a threat.

Fuck it, let's go with all three and see the goals start flowing again. Meanwhile, in the real world we'll just continue to be tight at the back and complain we don't carry enough of a threat.

see edit.

The alternative is we go back to the same old 4231 which everyone had figured out. There's nothing wrong with having an alternative approach, we've been crying out for it!

I'm not saying play them as a flat 3. In fact, we'd still be a 4231 really with Gibson the middle of the 3 but further back.

see edit.

The alternative is we go back to the same old 4231 which everyone had figured out. There's nothing wrong with having an alternative approach, we've been crying out for it!

I'm not saying play them as a flat 3. In fact, we'd still be a 4231 really with Gibson the middle of the 3 but further back.

Besic's natural inclination is to defend, McCarthy isn't a creator, and Gibson just isn't mobile enough or reliable enough. I couldn't see Gibson being able to get up and down the pitch enough to be adequate at that job. He might be the furthest advanced of the three but he'd still have to drop in, and then you'd want him to also provide a link from defence to attack. I don't think he's got it in him.

Besic or McCarthy sitting in, with the other being a floater. Mirallas and Lennon on the wings. Barkley back in the hole and restore his confidence that's been destroyed through playing on the left. Lukaku up top.

Sorry for being snappy, it's tonight's result!

Edited by Romey 1878

Besic's natural inclination is to defend, McCarthy isn't a creator, and Gibson just isn't mobile enough or reliable enough. I couldn't see Gibson being able to get up and down the pitch enough to be adequate at that job. He might be the furthest advanced of the three but he'd still have to drop in, and then you'd want him to also provide a link from defence to attack. I don't think he's got it in him.

Besic or McCarthy sitting in, with the other being a floater. Mirallas and Lennon on the wings. Barkley back in the hole and restore his confidence that's been destroyed through playing on the left. Lukaku up top.

Not saying Gibson would get up and down the pitch, but he can pick out a pass from deep, which is what Rom has been dying for.

I agree with the last bit, thats my preference. Just realised that the back up plan isn't all that bad. Not that it's worth debating even, because it will never happen!

Edited by Matt

Even more reason to wish he'd not got sent off. We almost had him missing for two games, and now it'll only be one (unless he gets booked again on the dates mentioned).

I was hoping that McCarthy and Besic would get a couple of games together, and hopefully play so well together that Barry couldn't come back in.

Even more reason to wish he'd not got sent off. We almost had him missing for two games, and now it'll only be one (unless he gets booked again on the dates mentioned).

I was hoping that McCarthy and Besic would get a couple of games together, and hopefully play so well together that Barry couldn't come back in.

That was my only reason for wanting him out for 2 games. He's had a poor season compared to last (who hasn't) and it's only injury or suspension thats going to get him out of the way for the future spine of Everton to start playing together.

That was my only reason for wanting him out for 2 games. He's had a poor season compared to last (who hasn't) and it's only injury or suspension thats going to get him out of the way for the future spine of Everton to start playing together.

I'm starting to believe the tongue in cheek comment that it's in his contract that if he's fit he must play :lol:.

So, Barry would have been suspended one game because of his first yellow, right? Does the fact that he got a second yellow (and thus, a red) mean anything beyond that? Is it another yellow in the totals?

It would be nice if he were to be suspended for several games, and we were to win those games resoundingly. Not sure if that would send a message to RM, but it's something.

So, Barry would have been suspended one game because of his first yellow, right? Does the fact that he got a second yellow (and thus, a red) mean anything beyond that? Is it another yellow in the totals?

It would be nice if he were to be suspended for several games, and we were to win those games resoundingly. Not sure if that would send a message to RM, but it's something.

He just has a one game ban.