IGNORED

Barry Vs My Gran

Memmaclub

yah, I know that's the current ban... just wondering what his yellow total is. (And dreaming of the day when he gets suspended for multiple matches.)

He was on for a two game ban for cumulative yellows until he got the red, which means he's just banned for one game (though the cumulative yellows stay in place).

Obviously an anomaly in the rules which needs correcting; because if it was a player you actually wanted on the pitch you'd encourage him to intentionally get a red to minimise the ban.

He was on for a two game ban for cumulative yellows until he got the red, which means he's just banned for one game (though the cumulative yellows stay in place).

Obviously an anomaly in the rules which needs correcting; because if it was a player you actually wanted on the pitch you'd encourage him to intentionally get a red to minimise the ban.

Yep second yellow deep in injury time for kicking the ball away, and he's halved his ban and lost nothing in the context of the match.

So the press are saying Barkley plays on the bench and Barry is in the team. This is our one route into the champions league. Can someone please offer me something positive which means Barry keeps his place.

He doesn't break up play as well as besic

He doesn't have the energy and pace of MacArthuy

His passing has been consistently poor and he creates nothing and doesn't score.

Totally unfair thread on a man who made a brilliant tackle on Eto'o last season and also scored a screamer against the mighty Norwich. Well worth a contract so he can spend his time trying to shove people out of the way with that wide arse of his! Joy to watch!

Barry was ok last night and Naismith was better but the difference barkley made to the team shows his ability. How besic got dropped is beyond me. I hate this experience and die for the cause make the difference no amount of commitment and experience can give what Ross gave last night. The boy gives so mich

Barry was ok last night and Naismith was better but the difference barkley made to the team shows his ability. How besic got dropped is beyond me. I hate this experience and die for the cause make the difference no amount of commitment and experience can give what Ross gave last night. The boy gives so mich

Think he was rested rather than dropped.

What is more important winning Europa or league place

Besic will have been rested for Leicester since Barry can't play and I imagine its the reason McCarthy came off early too. No big mystery and considering the performance, there is nothing to complain about. This tie should be wrapped up now and we should have a fit CDM pairing of Besic and McCarthy for Leicester Then we'll see who gets a run out when YB are at Goodison.

Besic will have been rested for Leicester since Barry can't play and I imagine its the reason McCarthy came off early too. No big mystery and considering the performance, there is nothing to complain about. This tie should be wrapped up now and we should have a fit CDM pairing of Besic and McCarthy for Leicester Then we'll see who gets a run out when YB are at Goodison.

Your forgetting the Everton factor!

We will probably field a weakened side and lose 4-0

My point is besic should be played in the big games yes relegation is a worry but we have to hope we have enough and push for winning Europa that turns a shit season into a great season.

I would rather make sure we stay in the Premiership than win the Europa

The Leicester game tomorrow is more important than the midweek game just gone especially seeing as though we have the second leg at home next week

The most telling thing about Barry's performance on Thursday, for me, was that I barely noticed him. Which is what you want from him; for him to just get the job done. That was a big thing about him last season; he just quietly but effectively got on with his job.

He was excellent on Thursday. Got to say I think the combination of Barry & McCarthy is just very balanced and effective.

Besic has done very well but I'm not sure he balances the middle.

He was excellent on Thursday. Got to say I think the combination of Barry & McCarthy is just very balanced and effective.

Besic has done very well but I'm not sure he balances the middle.

This was blatantly obvious today... I really like Besic but he slows the game down far too much. Yes Barry has a mistake in him but I'd challenge that Besic makes a lot more. I must say Gibson alongside McCarthy was the only positive from today - actual forward passing!!!

This was blatantly obvious today... I really like Besic but he slows the game down far too much. Yes Barry has a mistake in him but I'd challenge that Besic makes a lot more. I must say Gibson alongside McCarthy was the only positive from today - actual forward passing!!!

Gibson looked majestic today, I must say.

• 1 year later...