IGNORED

Fair Play

The card angle is pretty easy to work out. So far this season (up to 34 games which is where the table is updated to) we have 276 out of a possibly 340 so it's pretty obvious that you lose a point for each yellow and maybe three for a red, so since that table we've dropped two points on West Ham.

My whole point is that nobody has any idea how the rest of the points are allocated; so losing two points out of a maximum 200 for the final four games is not "the deciding factor" because there are so many unknowns.

We were ten points behind them at the last count anyway so all we know is that we've now got to make up twelve in the other categories (which I hope we won't). There's also Burnley to consider who were only three points behind us.

Edit: The yellow/red penalty is one and three points deducted.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play-calculation.html

So ultimately we need to get more yellows on the final day than West Ham and Burnley and we should be ok to miss out then.

Got it :D

So ultimately we need to get more yellows on the final day than West Ham and Burnley and we should be ok to miss out then.

Got it :D

Yeah :shaking fist:.

Out of interest it's actually mostly in "positive play" where West Ham have got the gap on us, they've got nine points more than we have. On cards we were equal before the last three games.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it, we got less red/yellow cards than West Ham.

Wish someone would explain all this....

We got more than them, lower score = more cards. Pay attention instead of chatting up girls at the back of the class :shaking fist:.

What??

That fucking MikoO misleading us all these weeks getting our hopes up that if we were good with the cards we'd be ok. :shaking fist:

Bastard that MikoO, I'd give him a right slap if I ever met him face to face (or back to back) :dry:.