IGNORED

Fair Play

The same youngsters we were going to see this season? The same youngsters who aren't good enough to play in these meaningless few games at the end of the season?

He's playing the veterans to get the fair play I believe. He had told them to steady it out with the cards and play smart ball with fouling up the place. He wouldn't be able to control the youngsters as much, might get al excited and go out and start tackling like crazy.

If we get it I'd play the under 21s/reserves tbh; they should be good enough to beat the sort of opposition who goes in that early. If we get knocked out then no problem; if we get to the groups we give it some attention. First team squad need a decent break.

Roberto agrees with me B).

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/martinez-ill-unleash-evertons-young-9227855#rlabs=14

Honest to god, if we have to rely on Fair Play to get in, we're well off the pace for the competition.

After last season's league debacle that was set up by being in the Europa League, I'm amazed that there are fans who are hoping to get in the competition again. I said about 3/4 years ago ' be careful what you wish for'. I hate to rub it in, but why in god's name do we want to do that again?

Our squad is paper thin and many players are not able to commit fully to 2 games a week (why, I don't know). Another season like this one would be a punishing one both physically and mentally for the players. FFS, give them a rest...I know I need one away from the crap we've been served up this season.

Edited by Oztoffee

Honest to god, if we have to rely on Fair Play to get in, we're well off the pace for the competition.

After last season's league debacle that was set up by being in the Europa League, I'm amazed that there are fans who are hoping to get in the competition again. I said about 3/4 years ago ' be careful what you wish for'. I hate to rub it in, but why in god's name do we want to do that again?

Our squad is paper thin and many players are not able to commit fully to 2 games a week (why, I don't know). Another season like this one would be a punishing one both physically and mentally for the players. FFS, give them a rest...I know I need one away from the crap we've been served up this season.

we beat the german runners up twice in epic beat downs, beat quality french, russian, and swiss sides. How was it a debacle? Lukaku is tied for Golden boot. Look at the glass half full not empty my friend.

We need to be positive and put our name out in Europe to,attract better players.

Yes if we qualify it will be a strange Way to qualify....but it's what the club does with a given opportunity.

We should grasp it and make a statement.

Why as a club would we want to turn it down?

spot on.

Us having a shite season has got nothing to do with Us playing in Europe

We were shite before the competition got going. We were shite during the break between the group stages and the knock out phases and we are shite now.

Our poor season has everything to do with poor tactics and no plan b and nothing to do with Europe

We all know that's more to it than cards MikeO but I think it would be a bit naive to think that cards would not be a huge part of it.

"Fair" play. Would be naive to think cards aren't the swinging factor. We won't get it unless West Ham go out kicking

Look at the rules; there's far more to it than cards, you get a score out of ten for that. Attacking play, respect towards ref/opponents, behaviour of team officials/public adds up to a score out of forty. Cards amount to a fifth of the score, that's not "huge" is it?. And the table is three games out of date so it's anyone's guess what the true picture is now.

Naive in the extreme to suggest that today's yellows will be all important.

Last word on it; I'm not going to try to explain this again because even newspaper journos don't seem to be able to grasp it; head against brick wall time.

I don't want us to get the fucking place anyway :rolleyes:.

Don't be so angry...it's just a game ?

But just to be clear.....four yellows still only add up to a fifth of the score?

That's great, so after the first one we may as well kick lumps out of the opposition, as long as we say sorry to the ref and keep playing attacking footy.

Edited by Shukes

Don't be so angry...it's just a game

But just to be clear.....four yellows still only add up to a fifth of the score?

That's great, so after the first one we may as well kick lumps out of the opposition, as long as we say sorry to the ref and keep playing attacking footy.

Not angry, just frustrated that people don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. But yes, you get a mark out of ten for cards and a mark out of forty (in total) for the other aspects I mentioned.

The table is well out of date and very close, we could finish top or tenth. Assumption that we blew it today by getting yellows is daft.

That really is my last word on it (though I've said that before) :).

Not angry, just frustrated that people don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. But yes, you get a mark out of ten for cards and a mark out of forty (in total) for the other aspects I mentioned.

The table is well out of date and very close, we could finish top or tenth. Assumption that we blew it today by getting yellows is daft.

That really is my last word on it (though I've said that before) :).

So just clarifying, because we got four yellows yesterday and they only got one, they get the spot?

Don't know why everyone's having so much trouble workin if out.

Least yellows gets the spot, easy.

Didn't want the spot that way would have been a curse for the season.

So just clarifying, because we got four yellows yesterday and they only got one, they get the spot?

Don't know why everyone's having so much trouble workin if out.

Least yellows gets the spot, easy.

Didn't want the spot that way would have been a curse for the season.

Has to be a wind up here hahaha

Basically you have absolutely no idea.

The card angle is pretty easy to work out. So far this season (up to 34 games which is where the table is updated to) we have 276 out of a possibly 340 so it's pretty obvious that you lose a point for each yellow and maybe three for a red, so since that table we've dropped two points on West Ham.

My whole point is that nobody has any idea how the rest of the points are allocated; so losing two points out of a maximum 200 for the final four games is not "the deciding factor" because there are so many unknowns.

We were ten points behind them at the last count anyway so all we know is that we've now got to make up twelve in the other categories (which I hope we won't). There's also Burnley to consider who were only three points behind us.

Edit: The yellow/red penalty is one and three points deducted.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play-calculation.html