IGNORED

2015 EFC AGM

Louis

Orange Bob is a swarmy git isn't he? 3 lies in up to now. Ridiculous that he's still in his post.

RE: “Nobody across the league is batting harder than Everton to get fairer (ticket) prices in the Premier League.”

RE: “It wouldn’t be a general meeting without a comment about Kitbag...it is a really robust commercial deal..we test it regularly but believe it is right for the club.”

On Power8 - a terminated partnership “We did all we could do” to check them out.

He should be sacked, incompetent to the extreme. How he is so high up at a Premiership club is beyond me. I'd expect more from Championship CEOs than we get from this numpty.

RE: “We are not working on the new stadium on the premise of getting new investment.” New investment and a new stadium are not linked, says the CEO.

“Would new investment help that? We don’t know. Is it being factored into the new stadium funding model? No.”

John Blane, chair of the shareholders association is now asking a question

He says to RE “You’re disappointed? The 4 questions the shareholders would like answers to? You’ve answered maybe half - do you intend to answer the other half?”

RE says “They are disgraceful questions” - to paraphrase they are asking if we are doing anything illegal or have our hands in the till. To be asked that series of questions is so disrespectful in the extreme.”

Suntan Bob has a point, it should be a partnership with the city. But if he is failing to sell that idea, and if the Mayor is waiting on a proposal, then he just isn't the man for the job. But we all knew that...

I hope for new owners just as much to get rid of that clown as for investment.

He's so poor.

Not the person to take us (as a club) forward. He's in the role because he's a BillyBull and a brown noser.

Not answering the questions and then calling the people asking them disgraceful, is rediculous.

He knows his position is at risk and you can tell it's effecting him.

This stands out for how poor the commercial team are

Everton were hurt by falling from 5th place to 11th, which cost them £7 million, though this was slightly mitigated by being shown live on one more occasion, which was worth an extra £1 million. There was also £4.4 million of commercial revenue awarded to all Premier League clubs, though I suspect that Everton might have reported this within commercial income, even though most other clubs classify it as broadcasting income.

what does it tell you when our previous two CEO's resigned?

It tells you that the questions asked were indeed very valid...

Puit it this way, the chang and kitbag deals were so poor along with the outsourcing that it would not surprise me if brown envelopes exchanged hands - of course there is nothing to suggest this other than a distinct lack of trust.

Elstone in his arrogance has created a vewry dangerous enemy.

This stands out for how poor the commercial team are

Everton were hurt by falling from 5th place to 11th, which cost them £7 million, though this was slightly mitigated by being shown live on one more occasion, which was worth an extra £1 million. There was also £4.4 million of commercial revenue awarded to all Premier League clubs, though I suspect that Everton might have reported this within commercial income, even though most other clubs classify it as broadcasting income.

of course theyt will have done - he is culpable for such awful results. At any other club he would be gone.

An excellent write-up. A few things stand out:

1) The club consistently ran at a loss during the Moyes years. Personally, I would say that success financially is as important as success on the field. It seems we were treading water at best.

2) The future depends very much on having a new stadium. I am at a total loss as to why the city won't invest in this. You can't expect the club to fund it all.

3) Everton's commercial deals reveal a total lack of ambition by those in charge. Everton could do so much more in terms of marketing and commercial revenues.

4) The interest rate on those two loans is ridiculously high and from shady organizations - but that's also true of other clubs.

That last point raises flags for me - especially since it's common with other clubs as well. I look at the owners/sponsors of every Premier League team and see a lot to be desired in terms of transparency and trends. Why does a gambling company sponsor every single team in the league, for example? That is a huge conflict of interest. My guess is that there's a lot of big-time shenanigans going on that will never come to light - bigger than any individual team or board member benefiting personally. You see it in other countries, and we'd be naive to think it doesn't happen in the wealthiest league in the world.

There are questions and then there's insulting innuendo. Personally, I think he was right to ignore them. You just don't ask personal questions like that in company meetings.

I think the club were more than aware of the recent noise surrounding Phillip Green and the dodgy loans as Watched Toffee on twitter confirmed. He said the club were rattled by his posts...

They have had more than enough time to prepare a response to such accusations - but they never, this is because there is likely to be some truth to them. So what does Elstone do??? he reacts in a very defensive manner. Says it all really.

I think the club were more than aware of the recent noise surrounding Phillip Green and the dodgy loans as Watched Toffee on twitter confirmed. He said the club were rattled by his posts...

They have had more than enough time to prepare a response to such accusations - but they never, this is because there is likely to be some truth to them. So what does Elstone do??? he reacts in a very defensive manner. Says it all really.

I've challenged company CEOs in my time, and it's created some awkward moments, but it must never be personal. When you ask questions based on solid numbers and indisputable facts, executives are forced to answer. When you make it personal, though, it creates animosity and will usually result in defensiveness - justified or not. That doesn't help anyone.

Great points Steve. The only light i can shed is that you live in America as do I. The English have a different view on stadiums. I've had a few discussions on here and done some reading online and fiscally local governments in the UK are very very conservative, so investing in a stadium even though it will bring revenue and jobs to the city and could spur growth are not things they are interested in. Baffling to you and I where here in America cities are shelling out millions at the tax payers expense (300m+) to build stadiums to spur the city, in the UK they see if differently. No use trying to reason with them when their mind is made up.

Your points bring to light that foreign investment (big or small) with a new CEO could help make some positive changes for the club.

Great points Steve. The only light i can shed is that you live in America as do I. The English have a different view on stadiums. I've had a few discussions on here and done some reading online and fiscally local governments in the UK are very very conservative, so investing in a stadium even though it will bring revenue and jobs to the city and could spur growth are not things they are interested in. Baffling to you and I where here in America cities are shelling out millions at the tax payers expense (300m+) to build stadiums to spur the city, in the UK they see if differently. No use trying to reason with them when their mind is made up.

Your points bring to light that foreign investment (big or small) with a new CEO could help make some positive changes for the club.

You're right that local authorities in Britain, on the whole, don't see their job as investing. If they did fork out millions, tax payers wouldn't see it as a net positive, though, but complain about cuts in services. As with all politicians, decisions are made out of self-interest. On the other hand, just look at the sweetheart deal given to West Ham. London sees things differently.

It would be interesting to see what happens if someone did in Britain what investors have done in the US: "I'm buying Everton. Either you contribute 100m toward a new stadium or I move the team to another city."

I've challenged company CEOs in my time, and it's created some awkward moments, but it must never be personal. When you ask questions based on solid numbers and indisputable facts, executives are forced to answer. When you make it personal, though, it creates animosity and will usually result in defensiveness - justified or not. That doesn't help anyone.

they weren't personal though - asking where Phillip Green was in all this isn't personal, it is a fact that he has had involvement with Everton football club and further investigation implies that involvement is deeper than we are told.

Quote:- "There were some positive questions on the list of questions from Everton shareholders," he said, "but some that were disappointing. If you want to know why they were disappointing you can consult the efc shareholders association website.”

?????!!!! So questions need to be positve? - sorry Mr Elstone, you may think you are more intelligent than the average fan based on your position held - but its not a position that you are worthy of.

I should have added a fifth observation from that report, and that is that we've transitioned away from being a selling team. That is fantastic news! Now we can implement a long-term plan based on stability, instead of breaking up the team whenever a player becomes too good.

Increased TV money coupled with smarter player transactions has led to that - nothing else. The reason we recorded a loss was because we never sold anyone... worrying eh.

Essentially our bottom line is more influenced by Richard Scudamore and Moyes/Martinez transactions and not Robert Elstone and his team.

There are questions and then there's insulting innuendo. Personally, I think he was right to ignore them. You just don't ask personal questions like that in company meetings.

agree with almost all the other points, but after years of unanswered questions, the shareholders (the people who have put money in the club) have had poor deal after poor deal led by the Smiling-Tony-Blair-Approach Elstone. They were absolutely within their right to challenge the mediocre (at best) marketing decisions over at least a decade considering they've invested. Should emotion be left out? Of course, but when you've invested tens of thousands and upward and are not seeing progress after such a long period, it's boarder line impossible to leave emotion out. This isn't just a business, this is a football club and there will always be massive emotion involved, you can't escape that and to be honest, the way the questions are read is a testament to patience. Edited by Matt