IGNORED

Emil Forsberg

1 hour ago, Peter H said:

Daily mirror saying that Everton are lining up a 35mil bid for Forsberg. Swedish news are running with it (in rumour sections) 

i actually thought he had a poor world cup. Didnt reach his potential but im guessing that it was because he wanted to put himself in the shopping window. Playing to find a new club, and it kinda made him more nervous than usual. 

He has said his goodbyes to Liepzig so its worth a punt

Not sure he's who I'd want but I'd rather be after guys who disappointed this World Cup because ones who impressed fetch insane fees.

48 minutes ago, Btay said:

Think we are already crowded in his position.

isn'tt he a Left Winger? He played 29 of 31 games as a LW in 16/17, when he collected 8 goals and 22 assists.

Unless you think Bolasie & Mirallas are good enough/should stay (I don't), we're short competition in that spot.  My only concern is the impact on Lookman, or RB asking for him in trade.

3 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

isn'tttt he a Left Winger? He played 29 of 31 games as a LW in 16/17, when he collected 8 goals and 22 assists.

Unless you think Bolasie & Mirallas are good enough/should stay (I don't), we're short competition in that spot.  My only concern is the impact on Lookman, or RB asking for him in trade.

I actually thought he played centrally and was kind of shoe horned out left like Gylfi... has he got that much pace? 

Edit - I had a quick look at their 3016/17 season and it seems they played a narrow 4-2-2-2 with forsberg left of the 2 behind the front 2.. not saying he couldn’t do a job on the wing, but seems very similar to when Gylfi plays out there - I just want to see direct pace on the wings. 

I thought he was more of a central player as well not that I've seen loads of the lad like just when I have he seems to be central more often than not 

I can't recall being impressed with his pace either but looking at stats he rates very highly on that front, any of his fellow countrymen shed much light on him?  

Doubt were after him anyway we'll be linked with the Var room tea lady soon 

6 hours ago, Btay said:

I actually thought he played centrally and was kind of shoe horned out left like Gylfi... has he got that much pace? 

Edit - I had a quick look at their 3016/17 season and it seems they played a narrow 4-2-2-2 with forsberg left of the 2 behind the front 2.. not saying he couldn’t do a job on the wing, but seems very similar to when Gylfi plays out there - I just want to see direct pace on the wings. 

He's got great awareness, spots when the defence is being dragged and switches into the space that's been created. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

He's got great awareness, spots when the defence is being dragged and switches into the space that's been created. 

Sounds a bit like Pienaar a bit in that regard. I don’t doubt he’s a good player - he would bring a wave of Swedish fans as well. I just feel a LB and CB are priority and I’d like Lozano or a pacey winger of that ilk 

12 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

isn'ttt he a Left Winger? He played 29 of 31 games as a LW in 16/17, when he collected 8 goals and 22 assists.

He certainly isnt a winger. Like someone else has said below he is a clever player who finds space, maybe coming inside from wide but not a chalk on your boots winger. 

His best moments (that I have seen) have come centrally and that isnt what we need at the moment, as much as I think he is a potentially very good player.

I would also be interested to see what he would be like as a central striker. I think he would work well in a 442.

Surprised to hear that figure bandied about.   Thought he looked very average in an average side at the world cup.  Admittedly haven't seen him at club level.  Didn't seem pacey at all, on the slow side to my eye.  Very much a Gylfi type, so can't see that we'd really be interested.