IGNORED

MK Dons (Away Pre-Season)

markjazzbassist

To beat a team 3-1 when you're in first gear and still finding match fitness is commendable. We've scored six goals in our first two games of pre-season which isn't too shabby and no go up against some serious competition in the coming weeks.

Gerry and Mirallas have looked the best thus far, especially the Spaniard. I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the table this season.

To beat a team 3-1 when you're in first gear and still finding match fitness is commendable. We've scored six goals in our first two games of pre-season which isn't too shabby and no go up against some serious competition in the coming weeks.

Gerry and Mirallas have looked the best thus far, especially the Spaniard. I'm really excited to see what he can bring to the table this season.

So am I; love paella :P.

yeah i thought he was decent, but then he had a pass straight to the defender twice in a row and missing the sitter. he's all we have on the wings though sadly, so he might see time this year.

He was pants, missed a sitter, continuously failed to deliver a meaningful cross.

With money to spend this year replacing his sorry ass is a must.

Mcgeady has some on the most technically gifted skills in football, but they mean absolutely fuck all if there's no end result. He can't cross, he can't pass and he hasn't got a footballing brain. He's an absolute liability that is no better than a league 1 player.

He reminds me of one kid at school that just wanted to take everyone on. Absolutely shite and Koeman will see that, and I'd imagine he'll be gone soon. There's no "getting behind" a player that's had the amount of chances Mcgeady has had.

Honestly didn't see much difference from last season.

Lots if backwards passing again and several times we got our defence into trouble from being in an attacking position.

Second half was a bore fest.

Maybe Ronnie is just looking to see what we have...still, early days.

Honestly didn't see much difference from last season.

Lots if backwards passing again and several times we got our defence into trouble from being in an attacking position.

Second half was a bore fest.

Maybe Ronnie is just looking to see what we have...still, early days.

I saw a lot more purpose to the passing and a lot less fannying around. I also saw pressure higher up the pitch.

Koeman's post match comments were the biggest difference though. Rather than 'phenomenal', he focused on the obvious areas for improvement from the performance.

https://twitter.com/everton/status/758195577729363968

I saw a lot more purpose to the passing and a lot less fannying around. I also saw pressure higher up the pitch.

Koeman's post match comments were the biggest difference though. Rather than 'phenomenal', he focused on the obvious areas for improvement from the performance.

https://twitter.com/everton/status/758195577729363968

Two takeaways from this:

1. He seems resigned to Lukaku's departure, and that scares me.

2. Goddamn, it's refreshing to hear an Everton manager say they're not happy with a 3-1 win and to say that they didn't play well in a 45 minutes that they more or less dominated and outscored an opponent. So many of the squad looked like they just needed a little fire up their asses last season, and here it looks like they might finally be feeling the burn.