IGNORED

Rio Olympics 2016

Jason Kenny and Laura Trott. Take. A. Fucking. Bow.

For sure, and a diving silver for Jack Laugher brings up fifty medals when the target was forty-nine, plenty more to come. Great stuff.

(Laura Trott is the absolute double of an ex girlfriend of mine, many years ago but every time I see her it takes me back)

For sure, and a diving silver for Jack Laugher brings up fifty medals when the target was forty-nine, plenty more to come. Great stuff.

(Laura Trott is the absolute double of an ex girlfriend of mine, many years ago but every time I see her it takes me back)

GB have done brilliantly. If the English football team had half the pride, and showed half the effort and will to win that this lot have shown, they'd do a hell of a lot better and it'd be much easier to back them.

Proud of all of them for what they've achieved, and are still to achieve.

Brilliant win for the GB women's hockey team; beat 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th world ranked teams along the way! Did it the hard way but got it done.

Weirdly I thought both teams played like you would have expected them to play football in years gone by. The Dutch were more skillful and attacked as a team, moving the ball quickly but the Brits just dug in & relied on an individual attacks.

Obviously the women just had a lot more bottle than our footy teams!

You guys have the second most gold medals of all countries (after USA). And third most medals (USA & China). Congratulations, seems like you have a well developed top sports infrastructure :)

Although this silver medal should have probably not been part of that: https://gfycat.com/CreamyConfusedEkaltadeta

Never even seen that incident. Must have been brushed under the carpet by our media outlets. That's ridiculous.

Thanks Mirallas. I'd like to think I had a major hand in the outcome of the games, so i'd like to take this opportunity to thank my parents for getting Jiggy with it (nana-na-na-nana), my misses for occasionally doing some housework and giving me 5 minutes to breath, the little dude for helping me practice my sporting credentials to a toddler level standard.

Edited by Lowensda

Never even seen that incident. Must have been brushed under the carpet by our media outlets. That's ridiculous.

There were eighty laps left to go in the race and it was neutralised so everyone who went down (one Korean no-hoper aside) carried on, including the eventual winner. Also it was just one race of six in the omnium (multi-event thing like the decathlon) so it really didn't impact on the medal outcome.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/olympics/mark-cavendish-admits-error-olympic-omnium-points-race-crash-275041

Hey Mirallas where the well done USA for destroying the competition and making this a one horse race. Even though the Chinese spent more than a billion building Olympic infrastructure the USA is still superior.

Still waiting mate, also a graph of some sorts would be nice too ;)

Probably you paying for it all though ;)

Probably you paying for it all though ;)

Nope USA gov spends 0 dollars. China spent 1 billion. Team GB spent 350m pounds, Australia 250m, Jamaica 600 million.

USA is privately funded by sponsorships totaled 270m dollars. we are the least funded and yet winning.

I'll give you one though. Medal per capita we are 42 in the table. Team GB ain't faring too much better but you're beating us there :)

Nope USA gov spends 0 dollars. China spent 1 billion. Team GB spent 350m pounds, Australia 250m, Jamaica 600 million.

USA is privately funded by sponsorships totaled 270m dollars. we are the least funded and yet winning.

I'll give you one though. Medal per capita we are 42 in the table. Team GB ain't faring too much better but you're beating us there :)

How much of the US debt does China own though ;)

• 1 month later...

Devastating for the Brit at the time but a nice outcome....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/taekwondo/37428292

great stuff. love seeing the small countries win medals. i wonder how he got the training to win that? did a coach volunteer and fly over? also it's a south korean martial art, i'm surprised they dont' dominate in it.