IGNORED

Rio Olympics 2016

I think we need a thread for this; I just watched the start of a women's football group match and Canada scored after nineteen seconds v Ozland!

My body clock will be set to Brazil time for the next couple of weeks so some late nights, love it!

I probably won't watch any of it due to what time it'll be on.

I really don't get the attraction of the games, so could not care less about what happens.

Love parts of it (eg athletics, swimming, rowing, cycling) but can't be arsed by others (eg gymnastics, horse stuff, beach volleyball, water polo) so I pick and choose; but overall I love it. Always have done since Mexico '68, dad was an athlete and I watched it with him, David Hemery 400m hurdles gold medal there is my earliest memory of it, commentator (David Coleman probably) was so excited he didn't notice John Sherwood nick the bronze for us as well.

We've gone gold crazy today! Up to second in the medals table now. Brilliant effort that.

Can't wait for the final between Kenny and Skinner tonight. The track cycling is the best stuff to watch IMO.

Indeed, no fan of gymnastics (though I can appreciate the skill) but two golds for Whitlock plus a silver is great; another gold guaranteed in the sailing with a race to go. Really enjoy the cycling too, we've got the two fastest qualifiers in the women's sprint also so we could have another Kenny/Skinner scenario coming up.