Middlesbrough...(H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye

Sunderland (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Stoke City (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye

Yeovil (H)...Ross Barkley

West Bromwich Albion (A)...Mason Holgate

Tottenham Hotspur (H)...Idrissa Gana Gueye

Edited by Matt

Who on earth voted for Barkley? Jesus.

I did. He's the only one who worked throughout the match. He wasn't perfect by any means. But, he made things happen and generally used the ball really well. Bolasie, Mirallas, Deulofeu, Lukaku, Barry (injured) and Gana (too much responsibility) were garbage today. Yet, Barkley made some moves happen even with shit for help around him. His free kicks were all solid and begged for someone to finish them. And, I also think it's complete shit how so many of you bury him for the simple fact that he isn't the second coming.

I'd actually agree with Eric on this one. He pissed me off all game. He wasn't the only one, and he wasn't the worst player on the pitch either, but still a very frustrating game from him.

i said it in the match day thread I think, but this is the Bolasie I'm expecting to see more often than not. Bar one or 2 good moments he was absent and his stupid tricks lost us possession. When he did finally get a ball in the box, it must've been that much of a surprise to those there that were waiting.

Though in his defence, he was having to track back too much to help Coleman out because Barry was so unfit he couldn't help out (if ever there was a game to show the importance of 2 DCMs with attacking fullbacks, this was it).

i said it in the match day thread I think, but this is the Bolasie I'm expecting to see more often than not. Bar one or 2 good moments he was absent and his stupid tricks lost us possession. When he did finally get a ball in the box, it must've been that much of a surprise to those there that were waiting.

Though in his defence, he was having to track back too much to help Coleman out because Barry was so unfit he couldn't help out (if ever there was a game to show the importance of 2 DCMs with attacking fullbacks, this was it).

I wish he'd stop that stupid rolling the ball under his foot shit. Just run with it instead of slowing the play down, and risking fucking that "trick" up and losing the ball.

I wish he'd stop that stupid rolling the ball under his foot shit. Just run with it instead of slowing the play down, and risking fucking that "trick" up and losing the ball.

its like McGeady and his "Ronasldihno" flick and run - it might work once in a game but if you do it every time you might as well just kick the ball out of play and get back into position to wait for the next attack

its like McGeady and his "Ronasldihno" flick and run - it might work once in a game but if you do it every time you might as well just kick the ball out of play and get back into position to wait for the next attack

It's not even that I care about a repeated trick, I just hate that it completely slows down his and our momentum. It has no purpose!

On Bolasie

Hes the most exciting play to watch, and the most frustrating player to watch all rolled into one, he has the pace & strength to go past people and can whip in a decent cross (on occasions) his tracking back can be a bit hit & miss, but sometimes just cut out the unnecessary flicks and tricks and look up before 'whipping' the ball in, the less said about his shooting the better really, always trys to break the net when there is no need to, his 1st PL goal proved that (It was against you) where he sidefooted it back where it came from, he never seemed to learn from that.

so enjoy him but be prepared to be frustrated by him