IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Sunday 27th Nov

MikeO

Well if a player can't play how you want you Don't pick him, so you have proved my point, only an idiot would pick a player to do a job he new he couldn't do, a good manager would look at whos available to give a chance to, or he changes his system to suit what he has available, but this clown keeps doing the same thing week in week out, with as you pointed out Rom players that can't play that system, surly you don't need me to tell you that's someone who doesn't know what he's doing.

And I've said that Koeman needs to play other players instead, and/or bring in the players that can play his system. The former can be solved by him trusting a few of the youngsters more. The latter has to wait until January at the earliest when we hope Walsh get the right players in and have better back-ups than he had in the summer.

I hope he has. We've had two years of shit under Martinez. You can tell he is pissed off to fuck on the bench. Morishi will put his faith in him aswell he should. We will spend large in jan and again in the summer. I want to keep koeman because he knows what he is doing but has been dealt a really shitty hand

Players aren't robots programmed to play one system, if a manager wants them to play a different style he teaches them on the training ground what he wants, surly it can't be that nearly all the out field players are shit and don't understand what he's after, bar 2 as some of you believe.

Why can't you believe he's a poor manager that can't get the players on board, because he's making nonsensical decisions and remarks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again he is not equipped for this job, the expectation is far too great for him.

I think your on to something, why are we wasting millions on transfer fees and wages on players when all we need to do is teach Jimmy Martin to be the new Messi ?

I just posted Ped's reaction to this fiasco on the Toffee TV thread, I recommend everybody watch it if you can stomach the pain and agony all over again. If not, skip it.

PS - He is SOOO fucking spot on. He is saying everything I am thinking in a more succinct and pissed-off manner.

I am genuinely worried about what we have right now. Its not one or two issues, there are multiple problems. Let's start with the sluggish manner and absolute shite finishing. That's a starting point and the list runs long and deep. Sigh.

Edited by chalkpie

Can't remember saying that, but obviously you don't think his job is to coach players to play in a system of his choice.

Now if that isn't working why would you keep sending the same team out to do the same thing, just to see it fail every week, you wouldn't you would quickly realise that this isn't working I haven't got the players to do what I want, I need to try something different until the transfer window opens and I can get in the players I need to play how I want.

But not this dick head keeps sending them out in the same set up to see them get shot down, that to me is a shit manager.

I'd be very interested in what you think his role of manager in tails.

I hope this is gloating, but it is a worrying statement: "Had Ronald Koeman still been at the club he probably wouldn't have had that chance, because Ronald wasn't overly keen on getting the youngsters involved."

http://www.espnfc.com/southampton/story/3006924/matt-le-tissier-takes-swipe-at-ronald-koeman-after-josh-sims-sparkling-debut

Either the manager gets the players working for him or they don't. Koeman I believe has fucked too many off.

This group of players also saw their arse under Martinez and downed tools. Now I'm not a big fan of Koeman's and I don't think he's the right man for us, but the players can fuck off using the manager as an excuse for being beyond piss poor again. They are paid by the club to try their best for the club, regardless of who is in charge. What we are seeing from them at present is unacceptable, and the majority of the first team deserve to suffer the consequences of that by losing their places, if not their employment at our football club.

Now to jump back over to your side of the fence, Koeman is showing he has no inclination to do that and give some of the youngsters a go, in which case he gets everything he deserves.

The fact that Koeman had no idea who Sims was is a bit of a worry. His eyes are firmly on the first team squad, which has its merits, but doesn't appear to be something which fits in with the club's ethos.

Martinez for all his faults probably knew everyone's pets names and mothers maiden names from u10 upwards.