IGNORED

Southampton (Away) Sunday 27th Nov

MikeO

No good this in recent games. Not at all what we expected.

I can't work out why it takes the players at least, and I'm being generous, 30 - 45 minutes to get into a game. By which time, it's too late and we have to chase chase chase.

Since the shambolic Norwich cup game, we've gone backwards. But Koeman should have had that slide halted by now...instead we are seeing the same thing game after game.

Not sure what to think at the moment. I'm struggling to understand where the change is.

And yet, despite playing shite for weeks now...we are still 7th. Crazy.

I don't know where to start with how disillusioned I am with this football club. It's not a new feeling either, I've felt like this for two years now. It's like we've gone back in time to the dark days of the early Noughties under Walter Smith, just endless, grinding shit with no realistic hope of improvement.

First of all, the football. Fuck me. I can't think of an area of the game I can't criticise. The defending is a ragged mess, we can't press, no one moves for each other, the quality of the passing is abysmal, and in front of goal... no shots on target in two away games says it all. You can't believe some of these are men who have made themselves fantastically wealthy playing football they way they shoot and head towards goal.

Even worse than that, they look like a team of strangers. There's rumours of Koeman losing the dressing room etc - well, sorry, the players can fuck off, 9 of the players who got on the pitch for us today bear responsibility for the Martinez debacle, they let the fans and the club down for two seasons under him, they should count themselves very, very lucky they still get a wage from us. They should be breaking their backs to make up for that, listening to the new boss's ideas, doing everything they can to repair the damage Martinez did.

Saying that, Koeman isn't entirely blameless. I had my doubts about him as a manager when he arrived, he's done nothing to change my mind. Bar four summer signings, he is playing the same players in the same positions in the same ineffective formation that stank the Premiership out in the final few months of last season. What sort of leadership is that? Anyone with eyes can see that most of this squad is either over the hill or rank out of form - but he plays them anyway. What is the point of having a youth system if we don't use it to freshen up the first team in between transfer windows? Look at what the young lad for Southampton did to us today - fearless, energetic, ready to put everything in. I want some of that in an Everton shirt, and I'd rather watch kids have a go and lose than overrated also rans play the fucking appalling shit they are dishing up at the moment. All Koeman is showing is that he hasn't got it in him to bruise a few egos and take drastic action when needed.

Edited by nogs

We're shite! Tactically inept. Slow. Ponderous. Don't look like scoring and look like we'll concede every time the ball goes in our box. If Southampton hadn't settled for 1-0 after 1 minute of play they would have put more past us than Chelsea did and Southampton are shite, too. To think we struggle against shite like them, Palace, Swansea, etc.is embarrassing.

Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool in December. All at home, too, in front of our 'partisan' fans. 9 points there, then! Fucking not!

Haf totally agree with you mate we have both been saying the same thing for weeks, I've been called ridiculous, you got to give him more than 16 games, you got to give him at least 3 transfer windows, it's not his fault it's Martinez.

After watching that shite those of you who still believe that them post still make sense are living in cloud cuckoo land.

He's got know passion for our club he's a mug.

Haf totally agree with you mate we have both been saying the same thing for weeks, I've been called ridiculous, you got to give him more than 16 games, you got to give him at least 3 transfer windows, it's not his fault it's Martinez.

After watching that shite those of you who still believe that them post still make sense are living in cloud cuckoo land.

He's got know passion for our club he's a mug.

So who do you suggest we bring in to replace Koeman and how long do we give the new manager, 10 games, 5 games, 45 minutes?

So who do you suggest we bring in to replace Koeman and how long do we give the new manager, 10 games, 5 games, 45 minutes?

Depends what subs he makes!

In all seriousness people need to grow up a little bit caller for a managers head after 12 or so games.

I hate him as much as the next blue but fuck me let's not become to next team to have 6 managers in 2 years.

The problem at the moment is Koeman wants us pressing the ball the players we have were told to do exactly the opposite for 3 seasons.

He needs time to get his own players in players he knows can do what he wants them to. January can't come fast enough!!

Southampton, Quicker, stronger........BETTER ! Simple as that.

Someone mention Charlie Austin, why the fuck would he come to Everton, the service to Lukaku has to be the worst in the prem.

Difference is that Austin has the abiltiy to work how own chances, this is why Mourinho sold Rom.

I preferred watching us under martinez, he lost games by attacking too much.

Now we lose because we are shit!

Depends what subs he makes!

In all seriousness people need to grow up a little bit caller for a managers head after 12 or so games.

I hate him as much as the next blue but fuck me let's not become to next team to have 6 managers in 2 years.

I wish liverpool had that philosophy instead of getting rid of hodgson dalglish and then Rodgers when it became clear they weren't up to the job. Maybe then they wouldn't get klopp.

The manager blew it straight from the moment he started talking shite. Two managers in the row who's press conferences are train crashes. Then again penknife moyes wasn't much better towards the end... double decker bus this weekend.

Difference is that Austin has the abiltiy to work how own chances, this is why Mourinho sold Rom.

I preferred watching us under martinez, he lost games by attacking too much.

Now we lose because we are shit!

Austin applies the same levels every game.

Lukaku is as temperamental with his effort as any player I've ever seen.

Yet again an oppositions team has been allowed to pass the ball around from the back - other managers know he will not press them. Awful. 4 players all titting about with the ball and he's strolling towards them like he's on a warm down. Laziest player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.

It's not just him but he can fuck off if he thinks he can give it this "not my fault" look. Valencia looked like a duracell bunny compared to him.

Austin applies the same levels every game.

Lukaku is as temperamental with his effort as any player I've ever seen.

Yet again an oppositions team has been allowed to pass the ball around from the back - other managers know he will not press them. Awful. 4 players all titting about with the ball and he's strolling towards them like he's on a warm down. Laziest player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.

It's not just him but he can fuck off if he thinks he can give it this "not my fault" look. Valencia looked like a duracell bunny compared to him.

We need to press as a team or not at all. Right now we have one or two players doing it at a time. Rom does it sporadically, Barkley is even worse at it, Barry physically can't do it, Baines treats the opposition like they have AIDS and won't get within five yards of them, Bolasie has a go every now and again, Williams and Jags are a bit of a joke, Coleman has a go but his defensive qualities are horrendous.

We basically have Gana that presses effectively. That's it.

In short, we do not have the players to play that game. So we need to gut this team from top to bottom and get players who can press and are willing to press.

The problem at the moment is Koeman wants us pressing the ball the players we have were told to do exactly the opposite for 3 seasons.

He needs time to get his own players in players he knows can do what he wants them to. January can't come fast enough!!

I'm surprised more people can't see this.

I agree 100% with this.

It's as if we are applying excuses or criticisms based on previous managers "brainwashing"....

We nearly finished top 4 under Martinez... that was cos of moyes defence apparently. Yet we scored shed loads more so why isn't there a delayed response there?

All of a sudden a team which is only 6 or 7 martinez are struggling to rid themselves of his "don't press" philosophy.

It's all nonsense. Either the manager gets the players working for him or they don't. Koeman I believe has fucked too many off.

It's as if we are applying excuses or criticisms based on previous managers "brainwashing"....

We nearly finished top 4 under Martinez... that was cos of moyes defence apparently. Yet we scored shed loads more so why isn't there a delayed response there?

All of a sudden a team which is only 6 or 7 martinez are struggling to rid themselves of his "don't press" philosophy.

It's all nonsense. Either the manager gets the players working for him or they don't. Koeman I believe has fucked too many off.

I can only say that I have never said we had a don't press philosophy under Martinez. I don't believe we had the players to play that game under Martinez, and seeing as it's pretty much the same side we don't have the players to do it now either.

Koeman needs to realise it and find a different way for us to play until he gets the players in that can play the way he wants us to.

Players aren't robots programmed to play one system, if a manager wants them to play a different style he teaches them on the training ground what he wants, surly it can't be that nearly all the out field players are shit and don't understand what he's after, bar 2 as some of you believe.

Why can't you believe he's a poor manager that can't get the players on board, because he's making nonsensical decisions and remarks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again he is not equipped for this job, the expectation is far too great for him.

Players aren't robots programmed to play one system, if a manager wants them to play a different style he teaches them on the training ground what he wants, surly it can't be that nearly all the out field players are shit and don't understand what he's after, bar 2 as some of you believe.

Why can't you believe he's a poor manager that can't get the players on board, because he's making nonsensical decisions and remarks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again he is not equipped for this job, the expectation is far too great for him.

If that was the case we could play Stekelenberg on the right wing. All the manager would have to do us teach him on the training ground... It doesn't work that way.

They're not shit and it's not that they don't understand what he wants. For example, you can teach Barry all you like about pressing and tell him you want him to hare round the pitch but the bloke just isn't capable of it!

Well if a player can't play how you want you Don't pick him, so you have proved my point, only an idiot would pick a player to do a job he new he couldn't do, a good manager would look at whos available to give a chance to, or he changes his system to suit what he has available, but this clown keeps doing the same thing week in week out, with as you pointed out Rom players that can't play that system, surly you don't need me to tell you that's someone who doesn't know what he's doing.