IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Monday December 26

markjazzbassist

I thought he actually made the right subs at the right time today.

Davies ran like a whippet and closed down and Ross just grabbed the ball and look s forward.

Close control, ball at feet versus tired opposition, just dragged easy fouls out of them whilst they looked for a bingo shot, knocked the wind out of them over and over. Very disheartening being on the end of it, nice not to be for once.

Never got to see gane as it's my eldest sons birthday. A nice present for him. Glad to see two players score who need a goal.

Managed to see so easy highlights. Pity gana never finished that move from a gorgeous through ball from barkley and a nice cut back from Rom.

Roms goal..... he fishised as you expect but did what you want you to do more of in the build up - use his size. Frustrates the shit out out of me. Never in a million years will he be a good footballer but if he uses what he has all the time then he is a weapon.

Never got to see gane as it's my eldest sons birthday. A nice present for him. Glad to see two players score who need a goal.

Managed to see so easy highlights. Pity gana never finished that move from a gorgeous through ball from barkley and a nice cut back from Rom.

Roms goal..... he fishised as you expect but did what you want you to do more of in the build up - use his size. Frustrates the shit out out of me. Never in a million years will he be a good footballer but if he uses what he has all the time then he is a weapon.

:/ the kind of post that makes you look foolish haf. Third in the league in goals. The work rate isn't there but he's clearly a "good" footballer. It reminds me of how people used to talk about Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal) in basketball; "he's only good because he's so big and strong yet so quick and agile."

..... yeah, exactly. He's a beast of a man and he plays the right sport for his body type and agility. Rom is already a very good footballer. I am often as frustrated as you with his work rate and his football iq, as well as his first touch. But his deception running forward on that goal. His first touch. His finesse finish. Are you kidding me? Name another player his size who can do those things in one long move.

He's not great yet. And he is incredibly frustrating. But "Never in a million years will he be a good footballer?" Fuck off.

Glad your kid got to see a win.

:/ the kind of post that makes you look foolish haf. Third in the league in goals. The work rate isn't there but he's clearly a "good" footballer. It reminds me of how people used to talk about Shaq (Shaquille O'Neal) in basketball; "he's only good because he's so big and strong yet so quick and agile."

..... yeah, exactly. He's a beast of a man and he plays the right sport for his body type and agility. Rom is already a very good footballer. I am often as frustrated as you with his work rate and his football iq, as well as his first touch. But his deception running forward on that goal. His first touch. His finesse finish. Are you kidding me? Name another player his size who can do those things in one long move.

He's not great yet. And he is incredibly frustrating. But "Never in a million years will he be a good footballer?" Fuck off.

Glad your kid got to see a win.

I'll make it as simple as this.... without a reliable first touch you will never be a good footballer. He does not have a reliable first touch.

I follow the NFL.... imagine if Calvin Johnson never had the ability to catch a football reliably? All very well being 6ft 5 and 235lbs and being an impeccable route runner.... is his QB gonna target him on a 3rd down? No.

Yeah great... Lukaku shows a good touch once in a while... he's a professional football player - it should be every time.

I don't get this "name a footballer his size who can do what he did".... what does his size offer us? He's bang average in the air. He's barely the strongest in the league - he gets bounced off the ball so many times it unreal.

He scored a goal that we should see more often. The difference was aggression. Too often he takes the ball in an almost languid position, gives the defender that split second needed to shift him off balance and there you go. Chance over.

Aggression, application, work rate, concentration.... all very much lacking.

Edited by Hafnia