IGNORED

Leicester City (Away) Monday December 26

markjazzbassist

I don't know how Baines's cross could have been much better. And Mirallas got back onside, knowing the cross was coming. Still couldn't get a toe to it.

Our offense is dreadfully boring. We could nick a point, or even 3, but more likely Leicester will score on 91 minutes with a long, lofted ball that confuses two of our CBs and Joel.

Prophetic even if the sides were flipped.

Yep. Not a fan of the set up...but if we maintain control and get points from it, then can't complain too much!!!

This is my worry; that Koeman will feel vindicated for his starting XI when he should feel anything but. Awful lineup and we benefited from some terrible defending and a lucky ball from Robles to get us the first. The second was because they were throwing so many forward and never comes without the first. That lineup will not win us many games.

Much better second half. Needed a goal to open up space before we got going.

The defence did all that was asked of them, Robles has to keep Stek out of the team after his limited cameos this season. Holgate still looks to have great potential, but for me his potential is as a full back not a centre half.

We looked tight and didn't give too many chances to Leicester today, and whatever they did get Joel dealt with confidently.

It's not coincidence the game was a lot more comfortable when Barry went off, his past 5 or 6 games have been worrying and maybe his game time should be limited from now on in. Gana him usual self, although sometimes can be prone to losing the ball cheaply and it would be nice to see him work on that area of his game.

Which leads me to my next point, Davies looks like a real player. If Koeman wants this 433 style of play he'd make a perfect box to box player in time. Looks strong, good balance, good feet, good tackler of the ball and he also doesn't look scared of the ball. Maybe the harsh Evertonian limelight on him will allow Barkley to grow back some confidence and perform more like he did today.

Furthermore, on Barkley, Koeman did well to bring him on into a winning side where he has more space to run into and he can pass more instinctively. He should be pleased with himself and made a couple of great passes today, including the assist for Rom.

Mirallas got the goal but doesn't look in check with the "team". His performances aren't very good and I don't think he brings and awful lot to Everton. On the other side Lennon chases everything down, is so vibrant and energetic and helps pressing from the point heaps and bounds. If he only would have had an end product, and cross or a goal in him he could have been an absolute class player.

Lukaku, again, did what he had to do today and although at times largely phased out completely, he took his goal very well.

Good overall performances are scattered and mainly in bits, but seem to be improving a little tiny bit at a time. I'd like to see us go into a game with the intent we finish them with.

Foundation to build on there, a good result, not fantastic, as realistically I'd expect a fit Everton side to be beating a struggling Leicester side without their two best players. Let's take the momentum into the Hull game.

This is my worry; that Koeman will feel vindicated for his starting XI when he should feel anything but. Awful lineup and we benefited from some terrible defending and a lucky ball from Robles to get us the first. The second was because they were throwing so many forward and never comes without the first. That lineup will not win us many games.

Yeah, have to agree. You always feel positive after a win, but at the end of the day our record with this set up has been poor. As have the performances overall.

jupiter06.jpg

Heavens, thought Mori and Robles had no nonsense, job done from start to finish, games and were right on the money. Cool calm and collected. Kudos.

Thought the whole back 3 and Robles where efficient. Mori just needs to wind his passing game in a bit for me, doesn't work for him.