IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday September 17

markjazzbassist

20 minutes ago, Bailey said:

His legs haven't gone? He hasn't lost many sprint races this season and maybe, just maybe, Koeman is asking him to play deeper? 

He has never taken players on, it has always been movement off Pienaar and since he left he hasn't had someone like that to play off. Don't forget that was our ONLY outlet at that time. Sigurdsson is playing like a no 10 when in possession so Baines is all on his own and he isn't going to beat a man 1 v 1. 

Romey is right in that he shouldn't be playing Thursday / Sunday every week but he is a quality player still doing a really good job for us. 

I never seen him take a man on also. That doesn't bother me. But when the left of an attacking three is looking over their shoulder for an overlap, he doesn't even do that now.

He's not got the legs any more but he used to do the running of two men. Still a decent left back in there, just needs the tactics to suit. Keep to the basics like Gary Neville did. Sick of the wing backs bollocks. Let the midfield do the job.. Might have to buy one first though. 

13 hours ago, yamar said:

I can't accept that people say Williams, jags and Baines play so deep because of their confidence.

They play deep because they do not want their lack of speed to be exposed. 

Whilst we have a back two CD who can't play simple passes out or bring the ball out from the back. Whilst having dead weight in out LB position, we arnt going to win many more games.

I understand Baines is a hero of ours but we all have to wake up and smell the coffee where he's concerned. His legs have truelly gone and he won't get away with driving low passes to the CF's from the halfway line for too much longer. Whilst seeing the halfway line as an invisible barrier.

This is why we need Coleman back. People criticise his defending, but he allowed our centre backs to push higher and acted as a sweeper behind.