IGNORED

Manchester United (Away) Sunday September 17

markjazzbassist

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

And I also apologised for that comment and reiterated that I knew nothing of your past condition. It was a passive comment and got linked to something I knew nothing about.

Things can get twisted on this thing and even though I am close to the bone (only sarcasm intended) even I wouldn't stoop that low.

Passive comment about wishing me dead. OK.

Anyway, putting you back on ignore, the other guys can deal with you, just be aware that I'm the guy that let you back on against the majority opinion.

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Passive comment about wishing me dead. OK.

Anyway, putting you back on ignore, the other guys can deal with you, just be aware that I'm the guy that let you back on against the majority opinion.

I think my words were "you won't be round long" knowing you are of the older generation on the forum.

Had nothing to do with any connection to an illness. Again, it blown way out of proportion.

That's fine though keep me on ignore. You obviously can't leave things and carry issues around with you. Happy incinerating old bean.

4 minutes ago, yamar said:

I think my words were "you won't be round long" knowing you are of the older generation on the forum.

Had nothing to do with any connection to an illness. Again, it blown way out of proportion.

That's fine though keep me on ignore. You obviously can't leave things and carry issues around with you. Happy incinerating old bean.

jaysus man you like to push things a bit.

I don't know what to make of that performance. We started horrifically, the team shape was terrible, we were way too deep with no pressure on the ball and it was a complete disgrace. Yes they scored a good goal but they could have scored 3 in that first 30 mins, especially if Lukaku was on form. 

From there we grew into the game, Davies did a great job of dragging us up the pitch, closing people down and making things happen. Easily Motm. We could have got ourselves back into things but at the same time they also had a couple more big chances and hit the post. We were on top and just needed to stick at it. Why on earth that fuck wit in the dugout then decided to replace our best player and then move probably our 2nd best player (Rooney) out of a role he was having success in I do not know. Rooney went deeper, his game then dropped off a cliff and then taking Gana off as well compounded it all. It's like some young lad playing fifa, not a man that gets paid 6 mil a year. We certainly showed more than I expected, especially in the second half, but to change something that was working well is just stupI'd.  

On the whole I thought Schneiderlin, Rooney, Siggy also played well. Cuco had his moments and Gana, Baines and Jags were solid. Williams was getting absolutely roasted first half and fucked up big time and Pickford made a couple of rookie mistakes. The subs weren't a factor.

13 minutes ago, yamar said:

Wow, you really are obnoxious aren't you? Tell me are you a certified sociopath or do you still go around pulling the legs off of spiders?

In case you failed to realise this is a forum where people come to share in all things Everton, we try to treat each other with respect, even though we may disagree.

If you can't show people respect then maybe you should go elsewhere.  

Just now, London Blue said:

Wow, you really are obnoxious aren't you? Tell me are you a certified sociopath or do you still go around pulling the legs off of spiders?

In case you failed to realise this is a forum where people come to share in all things Everton, we try to treat each other with respect, even though we may disagree.

If you can't show people respect then maybe you should go elsewhere.  

Ok son.

Getting back to the match.. There were signs in that game today that made me reserve judgement on Koeman once again.

This maybe not solely all his fault. I seen him continuously screaming at them to get up the pitch. I also liked the way he played Davis just of the front, bringing the ball up the pitch (something no other midfielder can do).

I just think the whole confidence is shot. It must be when your two centre backs were defending in pickfords six yard box.

1 hour ago, yamar said:

If I disagree with someone's point of view then why is it trolling and why should I be banned for it?

Because of the way you speak to people , you're rude and arrogant. And your views mostly come off as either trolling or very stupid. Id say your trolling.

14 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Because of the way you speak to people , you're rude and arrogant. And your views mostly come off as either trolling or very stupid. Id say your trolling.

How can you assume I'm arrogant. You can't read arrogance in posts. Rudeness yes, arrogance no... Been a blue for over thirty years and know more about my club than a lot of 'fans'on here.... Sorry aid, I'll just start agreeing with everything you have to say.

27 minutes ago, Sideliner said:

I wanted to comment on the game but this thread has derailed completely. Very little sense and football spoken on last 2 pages. Reading it was just as bad as watching Everton desperately wanting to play like a big club while they as a team have not gelled yet.

Ignore the bollocks and comment on the game as Bailey did a few posts up, easy. We have many members who ignore any sideline (see what I did there?) posts and keep to the point. It's not difficult.

Haha. Funny bastards we are. Quite amusing when we are in full moan and groan mode.

Anyway, Koeman post match interview. Good logical words from the bloke. If anything gives me hope that he can do much better than this, it's his words following recent games. He ain't burying his head in the sand.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho: "We started really well and in the first 30 minutes were really impressive where we were playing probably our best football since the beginning of the season.

"Everton had a reaction in the second half, we lost a little bit of control. We recovered that.

"We brought some consistency to the game and then I felt we could go with the counter, with Martial for the last minutes for a result that was too much, too heavy for them, they don't deserve to go with this result."

More from Jose Mourinho: "They did not have much but had a couple of chances. I remembered Swansea last season with Gylfi Sigurdsson, they scored through a free-kick towards the last minutes and it ended 1-1.

"Everton are going to be fine but they are living a difficult moment. The fixtures they have got, I would not like this all together at the same time. I would like one of the top five, but all of them, that is not fair for them.

If United never pulled the trigger so early with Van Gal I think Mourinho would have come here. John Stones aside her seems to respect Everton as a club. 

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

If United never pulled the trigger so early with Van Gal I think Mourinho would have come here. John Stones aside her seems to respect Everton as a club. 

I'm sure the league had some hand in the management changes, to recreate the La Liga rivalry. 

Driving to Nashville and back today (daughter's 20th birthday), I missed the game. Mid-afternoon, though, I did sneak a peek at the starting line-up, and I couldn't believe it: really really defensive with no real forward. We are giving teams way too much respect. We almost beat United the last time. and we have beaten them in recent years at Old Trafford. There's really no need to set up so defensively.

I saw the score, which puts us into the relegation zone for the first time in over a decade, I believe, but it sounds like we weren't as poor as in recent games. Still, speak to any sales guy who fails to make his quota: You can have all the valid excuses under the sun, but if you don't make your numbers, you're in trouble. We now officially have the worst defensive record in the league - with a manager who claims that defence is his strength.

Pro: Everyone was fully committed and played hard (Davies especially - was asked to cover 2/3 of the pitch basically on his own) Con: Williams and Martina are simply dreadful

Pro: Rooney had two chances he should have put away, Sigurdsson another Con: We have gone 405 minutes without scoring a single goal

Pro: That scoreline was very harsh Con: We continue to set up too defensively, horrible for confidence

Pro: 6 out of next 7 at home Con: May take a few games still to find form

"Antonio Valencia's thunderbolt opened the scoring on Sunday as Manchester United inflicted Everton's heaviest league defeat at Old Trafford since beating Walter Smith's side 5-1 in December 1999.

It chalked up a joint-record 34th victory against Everton for United in the competition.

And when Anthony Martial tucked away a stoppage-time penalty to make it 4-0, it meant United had also scored more goals against the Toffees in the Premier League than any other side.

It was the Old Trafford club's 96th goal in the competition against the Merseysiders, overtaking Arsenal in scoring more against one club than anyone else.

Who was the Gunners' record against? Sorry, Toffees fans... you know the score."

:(

Numbers skewed by us being one of only six PL "ever presents" obviously but still not nice reading.

I can't accept that people say Williams, jags and Baines play so deep because of their confidence.

They play deep because they do not want their lack of speed to be exposed. 

Whilst we have a back two CD who can't play simple passes out or bring the ball out from the back. Whilst having dead weight in out LB position, we arnt going to win many more games.

I understand Baines is a hero of ours but we all have to wake up and smell the coffee where he's concerned. His legs have truelly gone and he won't get away with driving low passes to the CF's from the halfway line for too much longer. Whilst seeing the halfway line as an invisible barrier.

20 hours ago, barryj said:

Sorry rubes I had you on ignore ?

:shakingfist:

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

"Antonio Valencia's thunderbolt opened the scoring on Sunday as Manchester United inflicted Everton's heaviest league defeat at Old Trafford since beating Walter Smith's side 5-1 in December 1999.

It chalked up a joint-record 34th victory against Everton for United in the competition.

And when Anthony Martial tucked away a stoppage-time penalty to make it 4-0, it meant United had also scored more goals against the Toffees in the Premier League than any other side.

It was the Old Trafford club's 96th goal in the competition against the Merseysiders, overtaking Arsenal in scoring more against one club than anyone else.

Who was the Gunners' record against? Sorry, Toffees fans... you know the score."

:(

Numbers skewed by us being one of only six PL "ever presents" obviously but still not nice reading.

reading that makes me feel sick

56 minutes ago, yamar said:

I can't accept that people say Williams, jags and Baines play so deep because of their confidence.

They play deep because they do not want their lack of speed to be exposed. 

Whilst we have a back two CD who can't play simple passes out or bring the ball out from the back. Whilst having dead weight in out LB position, we arnt going to win many more games.

I understand Baines is a hero of ours but we all have to wake up and smell the coffee where he's concerned. His legs have truelly gone and he won't get away with driving low passes to the CF's from the halfway line for too much longer. Whilst seeing the halfway line as an invisible barrier.

His legs haven't gone? He hasn't lost many sprint races this season and maybe, just maybe, Koeman is asking him to play deeper? 

He has never taken players on, it has always been movement off Pienaar and since he left he hasn't had someone like that to play off. Don't forget that was our ONLY outlet at that time. Sigurdsson is playing like a no 10 when in possession so Baines is all on his own and he isn't going to beat a man 1 v 1. 

Romey is right in that he shouldn't be playing Thursday / Sunday every week but he is a quality player still doing a really good job for us.