IGNORED

Arsenal (Away) Saturday February 3rd

markjazzbassist

6 minutes ago, Formby said:

I think it falls on the whole club, actually, and that includes Walsh. The disconnect between manager and DoF is just staggering. I just don't see how that relationship works / is working unless the manager and DoF are on the same page. If they can't agree, then bring in a manager who knows what he wants and get rid of the DoF. Walsh is bringing in players who aren't ready (maybe never will be) for the PL, Tosun being the latest expensive example. We can't afford that. A lot of people hate Allardyce on this board and want him to fail before a ball is kicked. As he's the manager of Everton, I don't really get that. The situation is what it is. Maybe he's not the right man, maybe Koeman was, or Unsworth was, although I saw nothing in either. The bottom line is we need to get to 40 points and reassess in the summer. Some big decisions need to be taken. Blame Allardyce all you want, but the players and Walsh deserve equal blame and criticism. Collectively, the whole thing is a mess.  

On the whole I agree when you look at what has happened over the last 4 windows but you can't blame Walsh for not providing Sam with the players to play like Swansea. This just also shows how reactive Sam is, surely he has three knowledge and experience to come up with a better tactic than the EPL rookie manager in charge of Swansea? 

Walsh should be going for the demise he has overseen while at the club, but when Allardyce makes such stupid tactical decisions as he did yesterday then people have every right to question the manager too.

Gutless, Spineless, Clueless, right through manager and players, we have had three managers this season who can not get  a tune out of this lot why.

We have spent over 200 mil and are worse than last year, walsh has not found a single player who has worked out that i could not have picked.

There is something rotten to the core at EFC and i dont know were you start to put it right, but someone inside the club has to sort it out.

I waited till this morning to see if i had calmed down but i feel more angry than ever.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

On the whole I agree when you look at what has happened over the last 4 windows but you can't blame Walsh for not providing Sam with the players to play like Swansea. This just also shows how reactive Sam is, surely he has three knowledge and experience to come up with a better tactic than the EPL rookie manager in charge of Swansea? 

Walsh should be going for the demise he has overseen while at the club, but when Allardyce makes such stupid tactical decisions as he did yesterday then people have every right to question the manager too.

Absolutely. He got it wrong yesterday - massively. But that still doesn't excuse the collective turd the players all dropped. That's on them. I mean, Schneiderlin, why is he still here? Who said no to West Ham's 20million? That's an appalling decision. 

10 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

They're all paid too much. We've tried to pay players top wages to compete with the other teams in the top 6 but all we have done is sign mercenaries with no affiliation to the club what-so-ever.

The transfer activity since Moshiri came in has been disastrous with only Pickford and Walcott now looking like decent signings.

We need a complete mentality shift from top to bottom. Trying to hang with the big boys isn'ttt working, we are making bad signings and paying over the odds for mediocre players.

We should go back to basics a bit and look to get the best bang for the buck. Fans might rail on Gueye but he didn't cost £30m+ like most of the other players that are seriously underperforming.

Completely agree. We need young hungry players, or players with a point to prove. Even if they view us as a stepping stone, at least they have the motivation to do that!

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Completely agree. We need young hungry players, or players with a point to prove. Even if they view us as a stepping stone, at least they have the motivation to do that!

We have plenty here and out on loan, but they don't get played.  The same old faces are picked time and time again to play their usual rubbish.

Fat Sam says he doesn't pick them because they lack experience, so he picks Schneiderlin, Williams, Bolasie, Keane, and Rooney, they all have masses of experience but they still play utter shite.