IGNORED

Watford (Away) Saturday February 24th

markjazzbassist

Good shape for an away match from us. Pretty much limited them to nothing other than Geris one moment. While we have had the ball in very good positions, but been wasteful.

Niasse has held the ball well, but then wasted it.

Rooney has gave the ball away so many times.

Davies full of energy.

Cuco has only actually been done once by Geri... for those not watching.

Gana is probably the best player on the pitch at the moment. Making a bit of a mockery of the ... never plays the ball forward haha. He’s even had a couple of dribbles today. And I do like his balls straight through the middle, picking out Davies a lot.

Siggy had one good moment, but then I forgot he was on the pitch. 

Williams playing better with Keane.

our problem is we do t seem to hav any quality yet. Even Walcott seems of it goi g forward so far. Just not feeling that Niasse can do anything when he has time.

That was a very even first half, both teams huffing and puffing but lacking any quality in the final thirds, or any sustained pressure either. Its no surprise that there has only been one shot on target.

Niasse is working hard again but the downside to him is that even under no pressure he can just fuck things up and thats what he has been doing, in fact he hasnt been too bad in and around players but when play is spread and he needs to make a pass longer than about 10 yards, he is making a pigs ear of it.  Slightly more disappointing for me is that when a ball has gone into the box, he has been on his heels and not attacking it.

Rooney has also been disappointing, he just makes some really sloppy mistakes, its almost the easier it is, the more likely he is to fuck it up.

I think Williams has been a bit fortunate, he has taken risks, missed the challenge but the ball just hasnt broken for Watford and on another day it could have been different.

Cuco is doing what he can, but that isnt much.

I think that either DCL or Tosun should be coming on for Niasse, as we need more control in their half. They arent very good at the back so we should be getting at them.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Good shape for an away match from us. Pretty much limited them to nothing other than Geris one moment. While we have had the ball in very good positions, but been wasteful.

Niasse has held the ball well, but then wasted it.

Rooney has gave the ball away so many times.

Davies full of energy.

Cuco has only actually been done once by Geri... for those not watching.

Gana is probably the best player on the pitch at the moment. Making a bit of a mockery of the ... never plays the ball forward haha. He’s even had a couple of dribbles today. And I do like his balls straight through the middle, picking out Davies a lot.

Siggy had one good moment, but then I forgot he was on the pitch. 

Williams playing better with Keane.

our problem is we do t seem to hav any quality yet. Even Walcott seems of it goi g forward so far. Just not feeling that Niasse can do anything when he has time.

Gana has been hit and miss for me. He is almost doing the bits I dont expect of him really well (ie passing, composure in tight spaces) and then the bits I expect of him a bit poorly (missed a couple of challenges he should have made and getting caught out of position a few times leaving Rooney on his own). Far better than anything we would see alongside Schneiderlin though!