IGNORED

Anniversary

Bill

The forum really is a close knit group, and while I don't always agree with everyone's opinion, I enjoy hearing them.

The only time a post really bothered me was when Avin told me I should stick to watching baseball (I hate baseball), because he didn't like what I had to say about whatever topic we were discussing at that time.

I can't remember the exact circumstances, but he left shortly after that. 

I'm a major lurker here, and I feel like I don't comment much, so I'm surprised I have 5500+ posts. Enjoy it all the same!

On 24/08/2018 at 21:49, pete0 said:

I'm still waiting for the knock on the door. 

Far as I remember he was unhappy that I said voting Conservative knowing they will cut the NHS funding and more people will needlessly die puts blood on your hands. 

I remember he got angry when you called him a murderer for supporting Tory/austerity policy and demanded an apology.

Murderer was a little sttong, but he was a racist and a bigot.

36 minutes ago, holystove said:

I remember he got angry when you called him a murderer for supporting Tory/austerity policy and demanded an apology.

He was, also he had a thing about him that  he acted like most of us were beneath him        He was the squire and we were the peasants, I remember having a disagreement with him and when he couldn’t change my opinion so he started trying to be little me with his wealth posting pictures of his house in Malaysia and telling me he had servants   

18 hours ago, holystove said:

At the time, I thought murderer was a lot strong.  However, I am confused by your use of the terms 'racist' and 'bigot'.  He can't have been racist, making his home in a foreign country (Malaysia) and marrying a Malaysian lady.  Also, I think  you are confusing bigotry with snobbery.  I agree that he sometimes came across as guilty of the latter.

1 hour ago, johnh said:

At the time, I thought murderer was a lot strong.  However, I am confused by your use of the terms 'racist' and 'bigot'.  He can't have been racist, making his home in a foreign country (Malaysia) and marrying a Malaysian lady.  Also, I think  you are confusing bigotry with snobbery.  I agree that he sometimes came across as guilty of the latter.

That’s like saying I can’t be racist because I have a black friend. Utterly bullshit. It’s all about context and his context was clear as day, as was his snobbery. I won’t judge someone on being wealthy, however, I didn’t like it, but that’s my problem. 

Edit: anyway, this is a happy, positive thread. John, if you wish to discuss, send me a PM good sir. 

1 hour ago, johnh said:

You are ofcourse right on 'murderer' being over the top and indeed he objected to immigrants of all races.  Troubling you read his bigoted posts as mere snobbery though.  He's the only person I ever complained about to a Mod.

But Matt is right, this is not for this thread.

18 minutes ago, johnh said:

5 years for me and just digressing, 59 years this year with her indoors -  and we haven't had cross words since, well,  11 o'clock this morning!

As long as that? Impressive; wife and I haven't had cross words since the last time we spoke (mind you I had just bid £12k for a car on Ebay while omitting to mention it to her so she had a point:unsure:).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 16:57, Bill said:

Next week ( 1st Sept )  i shall be celebrating my 15th year as a Toffeetalker, i think its only our site Owner Louis who has been here longer than me.

Its a bit like a marriage, some heated discussions, some arguments, some serious arguments, but like most Marriages you make up,  carry on,  and stay together.

Anybody else coming up to an anniversary, 5  -  10  - 15 years.  ??

some families have black sheep, some also have the village idiot too so if I were being nasty I would mention them by name,  cos I am the family bastard :P and I have been here a bit longer than 10 years now, and as some of you may know I was on a very similar site run by Iggy before I came here.  (and at the time I can proudly admit to being the only Toffee who was a moderator on a  Spurs site which was a very similar site to this one for Spurs fans)