IGNORED

Chelsea (Home) Sunday March 17th

markjazzbassist

On 18/03/2019 at 08:48, jofanon said:

Unfortunately I missed the game.  Would someone mind giving me a good break down on how Mina got on?

He played well. One moment when Higuain (I think) ran in behind him but he got back in with a great challenge to weaken the shot and allow Keane to clear off the line. Everything else was pretty simple for him. Won a couple of good defensive headers from free kicks/corners too. 

Without check stats I would guess that him and Keane have the best defensive record in the league (for us).

On 18/03/2019 at 08:48, jofanon said:

Unfortunately I missed the game.  Would someone mind giving me a good break down on how Mina got on?

Much improved performance. Still doing hem silly feints to the side, which just lets opponents close him down, but much much better.

Won a couple of headers defensively, and also won two headers at the other end. Kept it simple as well.

He still had a tendency to play the ball infield when hitting long, which just gives away possession. Surprising one that as any coach would teach to always hit lines when going for hit and hopes as it puts full backs under pressure and gives wingers something to chase. Putting it in the middle is just giving up possession  easily.

But that’s just a niggle of mine. He was vastly improved over the rest of his time here. Good to see, and maybe signs of settling down.